Confused with Steelbook shipping!

Aug 29, 2011
Can somebody please try to explain how it can take four-to-five days, somethimes six to receive a steelbook from play.com and hmv after it has shipped but only 3 days to receive one from amazon in germany - dead confused!EEK!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same thing happen to me last month

Battleship was shipped from Amazon UK on a Friday, arrived on Wednesday
Missing in Action III BD was shipped from Amazon DE on a Saturday, arrived on Monday!

just the post mate

I would just assume that Amazon has better shipping partners, they are probably more effective also.

You don't get to be the biggest online shopping website if you don't know your logistics/warehouse/shipping.

I think it has to do with customs.

Play.com ships from Jersey or so. And all Play.com boxes have the green customs sticker on it. Amazon ones don't.

As I said earlier, if play.com ships only one box it takes 1-2 weeks, if several steelbooks are sent together, it takes 4-6 weeks.

open . . . and . . . shut . . .

¿Has anyone ever received a package of SteelBooks that, clearly, was opened by Customs?

¿If so, does Customs include any documentation stating that they did, in fact, open the package for inspection?

¿Has anyone ever received a package of SteelBooks that, clearly, was opened by Customs?

¿If so, does Customs include any documentation stating that they did, in fact, open the package for inspection?

Yes I have. One of my steelbook packages (a first in like 3 years) was opened recently by Canada Customs. Many reasons why they may open up your package but I find the usual one is when they have a hard time believing the item inside is actually the same value that the sender declared it so they will either determine on there own or they will ask the receiver to provide proof of value (never happened to me personally btw). When they open it up they put there own tape to seal it back up and it clearly says opened by Canada Customs... here is a pic of the package they opened up of mine:

IMG_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mocean and Sigill