paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 26, 2024
Purchase links: WB Shop UK - Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £23.99 (WB Shop) - £24.99 (Zavvi - HMV - Amazon)
Notes: Full Gloss Debossed Lettering (Front) and Symbols (Reverse)

Contagion.jpg

Contagion Back.jpg 81LpjWH1TpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg Contagion Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavale and Bunk
Steelbook Finishes

• Full Gloss Debossed Lettering (Front) and Symbols (Reverse)
On-Disc Special Features

• The Reality of Contagion: Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, Laurence Fishburne and Bryan Cranston, along with medical journalist Sanjay Gupta, explore the real science of global viruses and what they mean to the human race. The world is prepraing for the next biological disaster...but is it too late?
  • The Contagion Detectives: Meet the greatest minds in the world and how they helped prepare Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and the rest of the cast for the fight against deadly viruses.
  • Contagion: How A Virus Changes The World

Nice, will be happy to have a 4K edition of this great movie— which I rewatched in March 2020, like a few people :D

I only have the French steelbook: G1 + printed banner = (good) old days :LOL:

Though I wish this 4K edition would reuse that art instead: indeed it feels a bit empty to just have city names on the front— that's back art material. For the front I expected something more.

Contagion France.png

Could turn out better in hand considering that finish. Might have to go for this

This might be 2 Discs release UHD and Blu-ray going by the SteelBook mock up inside artwork

TBC when released and in hand with customers if dual format

Nice, will be happy to have a 4K edition of this great movie— which I rewatched in March 2020, like a few people :D

I only have the French steelbook: G1 + printed banner = (good) old days :LOL:

Though I wish this 4K edition would reuse that art instead: indeed it feels a bit empty to just have city names on the front— that's back art material. For the front I expected something more.

View attachment 569511

G1 blu ray steelbooks - I get PTSD just remembering those abominations. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: TheWildEye
It was more akin to Ebola Virus.
Could you be thinking of Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman/ Morgan Freeman? That was an Ebola outbreak if I recall correctly. Contagion kicked off in a wet market in Macau I think? Outbreak was a big Hollywood disaster movie type thing, whilst Contagion was more of a stark procedural (been a while so might need to rewatch to be sure). :thumbs:

Reactions: samdavies
Could you be thinking of Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman/ Morgan Freeman? That was an Ebola outbreak if I recall correctly. Contagion kicked off in a wet market in Macau I think? Outbreak was a big Hollywood disaster movie type thing, whilst Contagion was more of a stark procedural (been a while so might need to rewatch to be sure). :thumbs:
Nope, you're right. A lot of it was similar to COVID and how it spread. Good film to watch post 2020.

Reactions: Bunk
G1 blu ray steelbooks - I get PTSD just remembering those abominations. :rofl:
Nothing like that for DVD collectors.

Exactly what I was thinking. This French steelbook actually has that on the back, only no inner art.

Is this the season of "dead Gwyneth Paltrow" movies?! :hilarious:
Spoiler Alert Hulu GIF by Onyx Collective

Nope, you're right. A lot of it was similar to COVID and how it spread. Good film to watch post 2020.
But that's how most vriuses spread.
At the time of the making of the film- bird flu and ebola were the viruses in the news, and the ones they would be aping.
(the symptoms of the virus in the film were much more like ebola- with hemorraging from orafices)

But that's how most vriuses spread.
At the time of the making of the film- bird flu and ebola were the viruses in the news, and the ones they would be aping.
(the symptoms of the virus in the film were much more like ebola- with hemorraging from orafices)
Ah fair enough. I guess the way the film portrayed the speed of the virus spreading was eerily similar to how COVID quickly spreaded (across the world).