Convincing my wife to let me have a man cave!

May 15, 2014
My wife and I are moving to Newmarket in Suffolk for work and we're looking at houses. We've found one on Engelhard Road on the Abbotts site. The only thing I have to do is to persuade her to let me make the 3rd bedroom into a man cave/movie room. She's not keen! Anybody else had this problem?!! Any tips? Her argument is she won't have her own space!

Reactions: digitalbabe
My wife and I are moving to Newmarket in Suffolk for work and we're looking at houses. We've found one on Engelhard Road on the Abbotts site. The only thing I have to do is to persuade her to let me make the 3rd bedroom into a man cave/movie room. She's not keen! Anybody else had this problem?!! Any tips? Her argument is she won't have her own space!

Tell her she can have the kitchen and first chances for the bathroom every day...[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yes, offer her a choice...

The man cave or the 'forbidden kinky thing!' once a month.

Trust me, you'll be thanking her (and me) whatever the decision ;):p

Unless the answer is 'no' to both! :giggle:

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Look at a 4 bed OR a Garage I'd kill for a soundproofed garage :LOL:. Then I could lock myself in thire :movie: .

HE can have the kids cook hover tidy wash dry iron to his hearts content while I lock myself away:oohyeah:.

She dose have an argument sweetheart 'cos sometimes you boys forget the washbasket for clothes :ohno:. Keeping the toilet seat sprinkle free:emb: . Also IF I don't move it then it says wherever it lands:naughty:.

So IF you both have your own bolt holes then All will be hevanly joy :drool:. YHEA RIGHT :scat:.

I like to say ..... the whole house is yours ... whats wrong with a lil man cave! Not like im going out hitting the bars. ;)

Granted my man cave is pretty huge now, but over a year ago it was only simply a 3rd bedroom as well.

Her argument just failed, as traditionally the whole house belongs to and is decorated in accordance with her tastes.

Husband gets 1 room, wife gets the rest lol. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: vurt
Tell her if she doesn't let you have a separate space for all your stuff then it will just be filling up the living room and your bedroom. She will soon agree :)