Cover Bands

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
anyone here play in a cover band? if so what kinda stuff do you do. Our band is going thru a whole new revamp of our set and we decided last night, to start, each of us has to bring 2 new songs to the table that we wanna sing. Anyway, I'm trying to come up with something a little off the wall that alot of other bands don't do but people would enjoy hearing. I can sing a wide range of stuff from a clean voice like maiden to ruff voice like airbourne or AC/DC.

we're not a cover band but we do have some cover songs we throw in our set once in awhile... if we are playing the whole song we generally will make it our own version. A couple that we do is Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin' and The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

The doobie brothers we use an excerpt of it in an original funk/rock song we wrote because it just fits oh so right.

We get a great reaction from the crowd because even the young kids hear it and they like it (they ARE classics, you know) because it's modernized to be a bit chunkier and rockier and the old folks who heard the original freak out because they can't believe a local rock band is playing doobie brothers :hilarious:

haha nice. my old band used to do **** like that. we did a cover of "hungry like the Wolf" with the music of Enter Sandman under it instead of the original chord progression. sounded pretty awesome. I may have posted about this on a nother thread. I'm not sure. You can hear it on youtube if you search "enter the wolf knucklebones"

We also did a cutting crew cover.. oh man I hated it...

i just died in your arms tonight

I just couldn't perform live playing that song i felt so gay, thank god we removed it from our set lol

I'll have to youtube it when I get home.. work is filled with stupid rules narrowing my internet travels

My old cover band has called it quites. well actually just the singer. Anyway, we're carrying on without him and I'm coming out front to sing for us, new name, PowderMunky. Anyway, we're looking to re-vamp the sets and wondering what would be cool tunes that not every band has done to death. Any suggestions?