Cowboys & Aliens (Blu-ray SteelBook)(HMV Exclusive)-Embossed [UK]

Sep 1, 2011
Italy
Release date: December 26th, 2011
Buy Link: Cowboys & Aliens
Notes: Gloss finish, embossed title, debossed border, inside and back artwork, 2 discs edition

Pics thanks to Meedermow

Cowboys and Aliens.jpg

Cowboys and Aliens2.jpg

Cowboys and Aliens3.jpg

Attachments

• BSP2306.jpg
    BSP2306.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:
When are those retailers learning to use good packaging? It`s much cheaper in the end then replacing all those damaged Steels-Maybe they should all do a trip to Korea (Kimchi) and China (BF)- they know how to pack a Steelie:thumbs:

Just hope that ES are not fobbing us off with "seconds"

Hopefully they will learn via poor sales.

Buck up ES FFS's!

someone over at AVF said they emailed ES about the digital copy because it was expired so they gave him 600 points (worth 6 quid) so might be worth a go

That was good of ES but in my opinion they shouldnt have to do that. It is an old film that spare copies have been found for and most people know that digital copies usually expire after a year. Thats why they changed to ultra violet.

Reactions: Maccadinho25
im surprised this turned up anywhere other than hmv, with it being an exclusive.
These from ES should have been half expected to be damaged surely? sounds like they picked up a stash of returns or something.
and for 11.99, when it changes hands for double that price usually - its a gamble worth taking I suppose, but not very sporting to then complain about a ding or 2, and certainly an expired digital copy (plenty of stores carry older stock of first batch releases - designed to be sold for full retail price - if you can get a first batch for the reduced back-catalogue price, then that's a bonus surely?)

I mean, I know by rights, no-one should sell something that's essentially damaged unless they have a disclaimer stating it may have cosmetic damage - but we could soon end up with every steelbook sold online being tagged with such a disclaimer - and then we would not be entitled to replacements or refunds even for full priced titles unless they were actually faulty.
and the stores would be able to sidestep refunded damaged steels by claiming they were not in 'as new' condition when they were received back.

I know in an ideal world, steelbooks would be quality checked before packing and be in decent packaging.
but, that makes postage more costly (fine for blufans or kimchi steels retailing at £30 or more - not so much for bargain bin fodder pre £9.99)
how many of us would be miffed at getting to the checkout to see an additional £4.10 to go on top for sturdy p&p?

im surprised this turned up anywhere other than hmv, with it being an exclusive.
These from ES should have been half expected to be damaged surely? sounds like they picked up a stash of returns or something.
and for 11.99, when it changes hands for double that price usually - its a gamble worth taking I suppose, but not very sporting to then complain about a ding or 2, and certainly an expired digital copy (plenty of stores carry older stock of first batch releases - designed to be sold for full retail price - if you can get a first batch for the reduced back-catalogue price, then that's a bonus surely?)

I mean, I know by rights, no-one should sell something that's essentially damaged unless they have a disclaimer stating it may have cosmetic damage - but we could soon end up with every steelbook sold online being tagged with such a disclaimer - and then we would not be entitled to replacements or refunds even for full priced titles unless they were actually faulty.
and the stores would be able to sidestep refunded damaged steels by claiming they were not in 'as new' condition when they were received back.

I know in an ideal world, steelbooks would be quality checked before packing and be in decent packaging.
but, that makes postage more costly (fine for blufans or kimchi steels retailing at £30 or more - not so much for bargain bin fodder pre £9.99)
how many of us would be miffed at getting to the checkout to see an additional £4.10 to go on top for sturdy p&p?

To me a damaged steelbook is faulty and therefore should be replaced or refunded, makes no difference if it's a current title at full price or an older title that's reduced. The day they put a disclaimer in saying that I have to accept a steelbook that's dented is the day they lose me as a customer.
As for packaging, Amazon.uk can give you a certain amount of protection and still make P&P free, so there is no excuse for certain companies to post in Jiffy bags, the amount of damaged retuns they must get you would think it would be in their own interest to pack better.

Reactions: Ranavalone
+1

There's nothing inherently complicated in manufacturing, packaging and shipping a steelbook so that it arrives to the buyer undamaged and without manufacturing defects.

I don't imagine that buyers typically are ready to accept possibly dented, warped, scratched or otherwise damaged mobile phones, kitchen appliances, furniture, cars, etc., unless the item sold is clearly advertised as such and the buyer completely understands that she/he is buying a damaged product.

:hilarious:

Why would a steelbook be treated differently to any other consumer product?

Reactions: stevien