Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

I will always have room or make room for Blåbærs
Tim I think you need to take ticket there´s already a line, your number is 3, I don´t remember who was first if it was Adam or Jay

speaking of Blåbærs and other fun stuff

Blåbær 2013 bottled today, from cantillons facebook june 5
945089_566398850078762_15825447_n.jpg

Mikkeller colaboration with Three Floyds - Blå Spøgelse 2013 Blueberry Lambic, 7.7% 750ml Bottles
image%25255B2%25255D.png

Mikkeller colaboration with Cigar City
image%25255B5%25255D.png

Last edited:
I will always have room or make room for Blåbærs
Tim I think you need to take ticket there´s already a line, your number is 3, I don´t remember who was first if it was Adam or Jay

speaking of Blåbærs and other fun stuff

Blåbær 2013 bottled today, from cantillons facebook june 5
945089_566398850078762_15825447_n.jpg

Mikkeller colaboration with Three Floyds - Blå Spøgelse 2013 Blueberry Lambic, 7.7% 750ml Bottles
image%25255B2%25255D.png

Mikkeller colaboration with Cigar City
image%25255B5%25255D.png

yup! i am impatiently waiting for cigar city to release life is like. if they can get it anywhere near as good as cherry rye it will be a real treat!

had my first tasting with some FL beer guys. things started out slow, then got crazy since a few of them had to leave around 800. we started opening everything at the same time, which is a little bit of a shame since i couldnt enjoy them as much as i would have liked to. but it turned out to be a very good night!

heres the lineup:

great lakes dortmunder gold
funky buddha OP porter
pipeworks well read temptress
anchorage brewing the tide and its takers
CHERRY RYE!
southampton RIS
deschutes the dissident 2008
CALI BRANDY HUNA!
CW 15
APPLE BRANDY HUNA!!
dark horse whiskey richard
kuhnhenn BB4D
the bruery brandy bois
cascade vlad the imp aler 2009

winner was (no bias ;)) the Fifteen. I don't think it was as good as it was fresh, and I could notice the booze a bit more, but still just blew me away again.

i think i would have liked the apple brandy huna a lot more had i not had four big stouts right before it.

best surprise was the well read temptress. i had that back in march and thought it was good not great, maybe this was a new batch because the raspberries were HUGE and it was much more sour.

biggest disappointment was the brandy bois. way too sweet and way too boozy right now.

anyways, hopefully these guys can help me snag some CCB limited releases in the future :D

Last edited:
I´m thinking of investing in the shelf in the pic below in spoiler fill it up with the plastic crate also in spoiler

a side note visited copenhagen this Wednesday and got the following with me home

Mikkeller - Spontancassis x2
Mikkeller - Spontangooseberry x2
Mikkeller - Spontanpeach x1
Mikkeller - Beer Geek Bacon
Kuhnhen - 4D
Lost Abbey - Framboise de Amorosa x2
Surly - Overrated
Surly - Furious

also drank good beers :D

666023-jpg.jpg
781914-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I think it was around $ 450 and then you still had to win a change to buy it
I payed around $ 473 in total that includes the bridge fair over to denmark, and fee for bankransfer, the box was jus taround $ 437. so I think it was good deal
a couple of friends already tried on set the bought at the S&B 2 event, like no beer below a 4 on a 5 scale.
also going to wharehouse to pick em up was treat, sadly I wasn´t allowed to buy other beers from them, saw an 3F framboos on a shelf there :drool:
and trust me had I had already asked if one could buy other beers, but the answere was no, they only sold this because it wasn´t to be dristribuated

got a box today from my crooked stave trading partner. all i can say is: SOUR POWER!!! :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130702_142421.jpg
    20130702_142421.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 113
Going to cigar city brewpub this morning, I hope they release something special! :D

Leon, ba church, or moat water please!

so when will we see pictures of your latest haul, so we can have something to drool over

my self I´m currently reloading some webbshop pages to see if something new and fun have come in, but I already filled the basket on two of em, but you never know there might come in something other of interest, and do I really need like 6-10 bottles of the same beer :dunno:

Last edited:
so when will we see pictures of your latest haul, so we can have something to drool over

only got 1 bottle of cognac sweet stout, didnt think it was worth of a pic ;)

was a crazy morning tho. they had 6 leons for sale, but the order of when people got there was all mixed up since there was a bottle share, and they didnt say what they had until after they started handing out numbers.

so the past 4 weeks they just did 24 of the same bottles, so everyone thought that you just needed one of the top 24 to get whatever bottle it was. but they did 6 leons, 6 hunas, 6 sweet stouts, 6 BA big sound.

so dudes who were like 3rd in line got number 12 and missed out on leon. then they cried about it, one dude said "todays my birthday and im getting f*&#ing screwed out of leon" :hilarious: it was awesome seeing that many grown men cry, and kinda sad too that the beer world has come to this.

i was happy i got sweet stout, other than leon that was my next choice. got the last one too since i was #19 (which was pretty close to what i was actually in line).

crazy day that was

only got 1 bottle of cognac sweet stout, didnt think it was worth of a pic ;)

was a crazy morning tho. they had 6 leons for sale, but the order of when people got there was all mixed up since there was a bottle share, and they didnt say what they had until after they started handing out numbers.

so the past 4 weeks they just did 24 of the same bottles, so everyone thought that you just needed one of the top 24 to get whatever bottle it was. but they did 6 leons, 6 hunas, 6 sweet stouts, 6 BA big sound.

so dudes who were like 3rd in line got number 12 and missed out on leon. then they cried about it, one dude said "todays my birthday and im getting f*&#ing screwed out of leon" :hilarious: it was awesome seeing that many grown men cry, and kinda sad too that the beer world has come to this.

i was happy i got sweet stout, other than leon that was my next choice. got the last one too since i was #19 (which was pretty close to what i was actually in line).

crazy day that was

lol

my thought on "todays my birthday and im getting f*&#ing screwed out of leon" bu f*&#ing huna

:D

got a box today from my crooked stave trading partner. all i can say is: SOUR POWER!!! :D

attachment.php

I hope you have better luck with the stuff from Crooked Stave than I did. I got something from them in a trade, and it was leaking a little around the cap, so I told the guy and got another. One of my local guys saw that I had it and traded me for the leaking one. He knew it was leaking too, but still wanted it. I took my non-leaking bottle to a sour bottle share (one and only time I've been able to try Cantillon), and I was able to confirm his tasting notes. It tasted like vomit and cheese.

"todays my birthday and im getting f*&#ing screwed out of leon"

crazy day that was

It is sad that this is what it's coming to. Oh well. I used to complain about this kind of stuff too, but not this bad. I was really upset when I thought I missed out on CBS, but a buddy got me in contact with one of his hook ups, and I got one. Since then, I've never been all that crazy to go out and get worked up about a beer. If I don't get one, I'll try and trade for it. If that doesn't work, I'll probably get to try it at a bottle share. There are bigger things in life to stress about than a special release.

I went to The Bruery last Tuesday and boy did they have something special that day. They put cherries on their White Chocolate beer and damn that was damn good...

Honestly it tasted like one of those chocolates with cherry lacquer in the middle. Just sublime.

I am probably going to head out to Stone Brewery over the weekend. Plans aren't all set yet.

I hope you have better luck with the stuff from Crooked Stave than I did. I got something from them in a trade, and it was leaking a little around the cap, so I told the guy and got another. One of my local guys saw that I had it and traded me for the leaking one. He knew it was leaking too, but still wanted it. I took my non-leaking bottle to a sour bottle share (one and only time I've been able to try Cantillon), and I was able to confirm his tasting notes. It tasted like vomit and cheese.

oy, that sounds awful. ive had two so far in this trade and a l'brett d'or he sent me a few months back. so far they were all good to great.

I went to The Bruery last Tuesday and boy did they have something special that day. They put cherries on their White Chocolate beer and damn that was damn good...

Honestly it tasted like one of those chocolates with cherry lacquer in the middle. Just sublime

yes, the bruery is definitely on my bucket lists of breweries to visit. just seems like they have a lot going on in terms of cool things they release/tap. i wasnt a huge fan of white chocolate but i can see adding some fruit to it could make it worlds better. it was a little too sweet, malty and dry/cardboardy for me. most of their other specials (that ive had) i loved tho

They are not too far from me and lately they've been putting random experimental beers on tap, but they only thing that sucks is the damn traffic between my home and the brewery :D

I haven't had much time to head to south bay and visit some of favorite beer stores in a while. I should do it soon though :p

Honestly it tasted like one of those chocolates with cherry lacquer in the middle. Just sublime.

I am probably going to head out to Stone Brewery over the weekend. Plans aren't all set yet.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for well done beer with either vanilla (BCBVS) or cherries (NG WI Belgian Red).

Mobius, Have you heard or already joined the CCB El Catador group yet? http://cigarcitybrewing.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=48&Itemid=37

Last edited:
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for well done beer with either vanilla (BCBVS) or cherries (NG WI Belgian Red).

Mobius, Have you heard or already joined the CCB El Catador group yet? http://cigarcitybrewing.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=48&Itemid=37

yah, i think they just announced that. i will try my hardest to join, but it sounds like everyone and their grandmother are interested. itll probably be luck of the draw to get in, they are revealing more information later

but for $120 for 5 beers including a BA huna, free swag, and 10% off tasting room purchases, this is an awesome deal. they could easily charge twice that and still fill their limits im guessing

"Note that we are unable to ship bottles and therefore all of the bottles must be picked up only in our tasting room. We will allow trustees however, so for our out-of-state fans, now is the time to start reaching out to your local relatives and friends!"

hmmm

hi mobius

are you trustworthy?

Last edited: