Criterion Recommendations!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Thats right folks, here you can recommend other Criterion Collection Blu's to others.

Some Criterions are just only one person's "cup of tea" while others may think it sucks the goat.

So, anyone got a good recommendation for me? I like action, suspense, thrillers, comedy.

Attachments

• criterion.JPG
    criterion.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 100
hmmm Seven Samurai is a must dude no doubt about it. It's a bit slow, but it is masterfully crafted. Kurosawa's masterpiece. Some may like it some may not...

I own Che, I like it, but some may don't simply because Sodenbergh (can't spell his name) is a bit reserved and doesn't seem to really show the man's true cold blooded face...It's a two piece film and it's about 4 hours.

It's not normally my typical type of movie, but i really enjoyed The Red Shoes. Walkabout and Revanche would be some other recommendations of mine. I still have to watch most of the criterions i own though. These are a few i watched and really enjoyed the most.

Yep, I second Night of the Hunter as well as Seven Sumarai. Those were two of the first five Criterions I bought.

I also think these should be must-owns -

12 Angry Men
The Killing
On The Waterfront
Yojimbo/Sanjuro
Paris, Texas
The Seventh Seal
The Magician
The Ice Storm
Belle de jour
and so many more....:D

Well I can highly recommend the Criterion Release of Godzilla if anyone is excited for the new version that is out in a few weeks

I hope Criterion release the complete Gojira films. From 1954 to 2014.

I highly recommend Godzilla and A Hard Day's Night.

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Thats right folks, here you can recommend other Criterion Collection Blu's to others.

Some Criterions are just only one person's "cup of tea" while others may think it sucks the goat.

So, anyone got a good recommendation for me? I like action, suspense, thrillers, comedy.

The Game-always a winner