Cyberpunk video game Deus Ex set to become Hollywood movie

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Here's one for @Scary Hair ;)

Deus Ex,
the multi-million selling video game, is to become a Hollywood movie, it has been confirmed.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, production giants CBS Films have tapped writer Michael Finch, writer of Predators, to adapt the game for the big screen, with Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh acting as producers.

Deus Ex mixes first-person shooter, role-playing and stealth elements, with players taking the role of a nanotech-augmented operative of the United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition named JC Denton.

Set in the year 2052, Denton is working as an anti-terrorist operative who suddenly finds himself caught up in a vast, deep and ancient conspiracy, encountering fictional recreations of organizations such as Majestic 12, the Illuminati and the Hong Kong Triads throughout his journey.

There have been four instalments in the Deus Ex series so far, Deus Ex, which came out in 2000, 2003's Deus Ex: Invisible War, 2011's Deux Ex: Human Revolution and last year's Deus Ex: The Fall.

Here's a trailer from the game:

Source.

Last edited:
@Noodles

THANKS LOADS for the confermation . Knew it was being talked about Noodles SO SO hope thay get the feel right.

The casting will be crucial in this Robocop worked because of Peter Wellers humanity.

Gonna be one of those Noodles that I WILL start obsessing over. Better start the PS 4 fund as I can feel a game tie in coming :drool::oohyeah::D:woot:.

@ bloodsnake007

I get very very nervous with films based on games Street Fighter , Mortal Kombat , been let down quite a bit in this field.

Sometines I think that the produces think we will go just because we love the game . Thay NEED to understand we will ONLY GO IF THE MOVIE IS GOOD.

Takes more than a title to make a great. What do you recon Franky ? Noodles ?.

God I'v spent too long asking questions :rofl:.:kiss:.

I completely agree @Scary Hair - so many films that are based on games have been failures. I can't think of a single one that I'd say I love, but there's a few that were ok and quite fun imo... Hitman springs to mind for me. And of course, Resident Evil has done quite well!

Surprisingly, I'm actually looking forward to some upcoming game adaptations... Agent 47 being my #1. :D

Cast is key for me, and staying true to the game. I get very nervous when news like this comes out though, obviously because there's a huge chance they'll completely ruin it. I'm on the fence for now anyway... same goes for The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted etc. I'm kind of looking forward to them all, but am dreading them at the same time. :ohno: