Daredevil - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: October 3, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99
Note: The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back. The Steelbook is white.

Collector's Box thread here

11312347-7174401904116618.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I read somewhere that Netflix has an exclusive 18 month window which if true mean April'17 for Jessica Jones and Sep'17 for Daredevil Season 2, March'18 for Luke Cage.
Hoping for some great extras.

Thats more like it. I get people like original art as opposed to poster art but the poster art is ALWAYS wayyyyy better in most instances. The Zavvi art isnt bad but its kinda bland. This hand drawn "art" is getting real boring with these steelbooks.
Hear, hear. That mockup that @JCC did was nice. That back image should have been a no brainer. After all it is their image that they made! Why not use it?
And I am super tired of these chicken scratch drawings. We have Mondo to thank for that.
(Some Mondo is good. Jock, for instance. But it is getting to be overkill).
This looks like the cover to a "motion comic" movie version, and not the series!

Reactions: JCC
Hear, hear. That mockup that @JCC did was nice. That back image should have been a no brainer. After all it is their image that they made! Why not use it?
And I am super tired of these chicken scratch drawings. We have Mondo to thank for that.
(Some Mondo is good. Jock, for instance. But it is getting to be overkill).
This looks like the cover to a "motion comic" movie version, and not the series!

Dude, steelbooks are meant to be "special" and consequently what on earth is the point of regurgitating poster artwork on to their covers more than likely already regurgitated on to the Amarays . . .Personally speaking totally in favour of "proper" artwork for steelbooks created by renowned artists - something which make them just that bit more interesting and collectible (to me anyway) and if I'm paying up to 30 quid for a metal box I'd rather it had different artwork on it than that seen on the plastic cased edition.

Furthermore, as we know by now and can see as plainly as the noses on our faces the front artwork has already been chosen !!!!
Not wishing to state the obvious but absolutely NO earthly POINT in using a different image for the front when one has already been chosen.
The point now is to see what we are getting for the back and for the insides - hopefully the powers-that-be choose something to match the front - even if just the colouring - and I guess we'll know soon enough. . .

Regarding the spine: with Disney/Marvel you can't bet your bottom dollar that there will be a title there even though there is one on the mock-up and I personally have no objection to a picture spine as long as it isn't just one tiny thumbnail in the style of THE LONE RANGER.

• Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15
Dude, steelbooks are meant to be "special" and consequently what on earth is the point of regurgitating poster artwork on to their covers more than likely already regurgitated on to the Amarays . . .Personally speaking totally in favour of "proper" artwork for steelbooks created by renowned artists - something which make them just that bit more interesting and collectible (to me anyway) and if I'm paying up to 30 quid for a metal box I'd rather it had different artwork on it than that seen on the plastic cased edition.

Furthermore, as we know by now and can see as plainly as the noses on our faces the front artwork has already been chosen !!!!
Not wishing to state the obvious but absolutely NO earthly POINT in using a different image for the front when one has already been chosen.
The point now is to see what we are getting for the back and for the insides - hopefully the powers-that-be choose something to match the front - even if just the colouring - and I guess we'll know soon enough. . .

Regarding the spine: with Disney/Marvel you can't bet your bottom dollar that there will be a title there even though there is one on the mock-up and I personally have no objection to a picture spine as long as it isn't just one tiny thumbnail in the style of THE LONE RANGER.

Seriously, do you read your own posts?

Artwork can always be changed (not that I'm against this) but we have the power for it to be changed. Check out wreck it Ralph, whiplash and some Asian releases from kimchi & hdzeta with little changes etc)

If the film has a epic iconic poster art then what's the point of making something completely different just because it's going on a steel?!

Just because a artist is renown it does not mean the are any good!

So your saying that because art has been chosen whether it's good or bad there is no point changing it...... Riiiiight!

The point isn't just waiting to see what back and inside art are. Equally we would like to know finish and titles

If it's anything like Agent Carter then we will get a spine title but it also means we might get a sodding marvel sign on the back with a crappy matte finish

Also if this is the only release then you can bet your bottom dollar (who the **** says that anymore) that it will have a spine title

The fact you have made mock ups (first one is not bad but you've added a dodgy spine title even when it's in front of you in the thread on the mock up) with picture spines is purely laughable

Why your trying to promote picture spines is light years beyond me

I agree with this more and more with recent releases. I am so sick of the 'poster design' being the artwork, I mean if you want that it will probably be on the DVD and amaray bluray, it's really refreshing and nice to get something different and something really artistic. I hope the front doesn't change on this as its lovely. I have particularly gone for ones where this effort has been made. I loved the divinci/angels and Demons artwork it was lovely. I also really like the new ghostbusters artwork wish I didn't have the others :(

I agree with this more and more with recent releases. I am so sick of the 'poster design' being the artwork, I mean if you want that it will probably be on the DVD and amaray bluray, it's really refreshing and nice to get something different and something really artistic. I hope the front doesn't change on this as its lovely. I have particularly gone for ones where this effort has been made. I loved the divinci/angels and Demons artwork it was lovely. I also really like the new ghostbusters artwork wish I didn't have the others :(

Not if it's worse than the poster art in question. No point making new art just for the sake of it.
If it's cr*p then what's the point

Luckily the front art for this is ok

• Thanks
Reactions: snooloui and Flash
I like the art on this but the finish will make or break it. If it's the same all matte finish like Agent Carter it'll be a disappointment regardless of the art.

Yes like the Bronson one it being matte was a huge let down