1.jpg

2.jpg 11243883-2064363310233080.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday 13th June around noon time 12pm UK time
A very small amount of cancellation stock will be made available to order

Expect very fast sell out as it's only a small amount of stock

As with all Zavvi live times it may be before or after noon

Reactions: GeoRattray
Does that mean we have at least 3 different Deadpool Steelbooks?

North America: no bossing + full gloss
Asia: debossed/embossed + matt (or spot gloss?)
Europe: debossed/embossed+ full gloss

Monday 13th June around noon time 12pm UK time
A very small amount of cancellation stock will be made available to order

Expect very fast sell out as it's only a small amount of stock

As with all Zavvi live times it may be before or after noon

Im all over this... I will be hiding in the toilet at work waiting for this.

Spot-matte is right, that's a first as far as I know.

I don't know whether to keep my amazon.fr order (which will be the same steelbook as this one- it better be!) or wait for FAC or Manta, though this steelbook by itself is a beauty, it doesn't need anything else :D.

That just looks like a completely matte finish.

Could just be the photo I suppose.

Yes, looking at my U.K. copy and at other copies that have been unsealed I'd say that it's just the way the photo came out (showing the black background of the steel almost in a matte finish) and to reinforce that I'd like to direct your attention to the manufacturer of this steelbook, Scanavo, whose own website makes it quite clear that there are two and only two versions of this steelbook at the present time:-

VERSION ONE (manufactured by Scanavo in Canada for The Americas) - Mix of gloss on the black parts, matte on the red parts and spot gloss on the silver parts. No 'bossing (neither embossing nor debossing).
VERSION TWO (manufactured by Scanavo in Denmark) for the rest-of-the-world - As above BUT with both embossing and debossing (title and eyes)

If there is a VERSION THREE (manufactured in Hong Kong) for the Asian market then I'd expect to see that information on their website:)

Got mine today looks lush :)
"Lush" = Perfect word to describe this steelbook and wish I'd thought of it :thumbs:

Spot-matte is right, that's a first as far as I know.

I don't know whether to keep my amazon.fr order (which will be the same steelbook as this one- it better be!) or wait for FAC or Manta, though this steelbook by itself is a beauty, it doesn't need anything else :D.

. . . apart from a set of artcards and a fancy slipcover . . . ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flash
Yes, looking at my U.K. copy and at other copies that have been unsealed I'd say that it's just the way the photo came out (showing the black background of the steel almost in a matte finish) and to reinforce that I'd like to direct your attention to the manufacturer of this steelbook, Scanavo, whose own website makes it quite clear that there are two and only two versions of this steelbook at the present time:-

VERSION ONE (manufactured by Scanavo in Canada for The Americas) - Mix of gloss on the black parts, matte on the red parts and spot gloss on the silver parts. No 'bossing (neither embossing nor debossing).
VERSION TWO (manufactured by Scanavo in Denmark) for the rest-of-the-world - As above BUT with both embossing and debossing (title and eyes)

If there is a VERSION THREE (manufactured in Hong Kong) for the Asian market then I'd expect to see that information on their website:)
NA Deadpool looks totally glossy to me. I see no difference in treatment across the steel ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
Cheers for that info :thumbs:
Didn't realise they were even more different than I'd thought and I should have taken the time to consult Scanavo's own website for that edition which reads:-
Specs
  • Release Date
    10 May 2016
  • Formats
    Blu-Ray
  • Genres
    Movies + TV
  • Finishes
    Glossy
  • Publisher
    Twentieth Century Fox
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another matter: I remember there was a problem with the NA/Ca "wrong way around" spine title which I put down to the fact it was made by Scanavo, Canada, in the French style, where wrong way around spine titles are not uncommon but that was before I read the following (which made me smile) "Fox just got back to us, and have confirmed that this was an intentional design choice for this release, in the cheeky spirit of Deadpool".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the finish: It's strange that in some pics this steelbook looks super glossy . . . and in others not really, such as in this pic for the Best Buy:
attachment.php
-
Anyway, however it looks, it's the cat's miaow . . .

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: wjasoncul
This (Taiwan) looks different

20160527-dsc_0007-2-jpg.242648
I'm pretty sure it's the same. It looks matte but that's just the picture. You can see what look like fingerprint marks on the top right edge of the steel. The light also reflects of the steel as a glossy Steelbook would, if you look at the red next to the eye, that is matte and there is no reflection whatsoever.:thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: eLviS1987