Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 16, 2023
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

Demolition Man.png

interested quite how you think that as currently there is no 4k disc for this film at all?
or do you know something the rest of us don't ?
It just usually happens, if a BD re-release sells well enough, studio thinks there's demand to warrant a UHD edition.
But if a lot buy a BD recently, most won't go for UHD.
If many don't buy BD hoping for UHD, it won't come. It's a catch-22 type of problem.

It just usually happens, if a BD re-release sells well enough, studio thinks there's demand to warrant a UHD edition.
But if a lot buy a BD recently, most won't go for UHD.
If many don't buy BD hoping for UHD, it won't come. It's a catch-22 type of problem.

I disagree being a 1993 film that went from dvd to bluray the costs of going to 4k they would have to sell alot to get back conversion costs.
Bare in mind Disney as one example shutting down physical in oz and Asian markets where there trying push streaming looking to shut down physical down.
Yes I know this is not Disney but what incentive is to do 4k physically of this????
I don't think will personally I would love to be wrong though
I would love 4k but realistically can not see it happening

Reactions: samdavies
Yeah, a 4K isn't coming any time soon. WB love anniversary 4K releases, literally any excuse for one. The fact that this is the 30th anniversary (though curiously not mentioned) getting a blu-ray steel, means they purposefully haven't opted for 4K.

I disagree being a 1993 film that went from dvd to bluray the costs of going to 4k they would have to sell alot to get back conversion costs.
Bare in mind Disney as one example shutting down physical in oz and Asian markets where there trying push streaming looking to shut down physical down.
Yes I know this is not Disney but what incentive is to do 4k physically of this????
I don't think will personally I would love to be wrong though
I would love 4k but realistically can not see it happening

They didn't shut it down literaly, they just won't distribute it themselves. But i agree publishing won't be nearly close as if they'd release it.
Whoever will publish physical media will have to go through them, so...

They change the front artwork (adding Stallone/Snipes), maybe they change the back too.

It is very likely, that in the near future a 4K Steelbook is coming.
4K UHD release not planned at the moment from Warner

There needs to be a 4K restoration done first and could be a good while before that happens
It will depend on warner or another label if they want to spend money on doing a 4K restoration

The 30th Anniversary is in 2023
That's why there has been a re-release of the existing Blu-ray disc from 2011 in a SteelBook in UK/Germany/France

interested quite how you think that as currently there is no 4k disc for this film at all?
or do you know something the rest of us don't ?
Maybe Warner waiting for the planned sequel to tie in a 4K edition of the original. This film ist very popular.

• Haha
Reactions: Basil
4K UHD release not planned at the moment from Warner

There needs to be a 4K restoration done first and could be a good while before that happens
It will depend on warner or another label if they want to spend money on doing a 4K restoration

The 30th Anniversary is in 2023
That's why there has been a re-release of the existing Blu-ray disc from 2011 in a SteelBook in UK/Germany/France
Yeah, the 30th Anniversary is the perfect opportunity. Maybe they waiting for the planned sequel. Or shout factory wanted to release a new Blu-ray edition first.

Received today and I can confirm that it is glossy so is Westworld).

Please note that the glue that they have used for the j card is awful and it was probably added while the print on the box was fresh so be careful as it will damage it. I escaped damage on mine but I can see it happening really easily.
Anyone who doesn’t open this will have a damaged box as it will leave a nasty mark over time, seen it before.