Die Hard 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

MrKrabs2013

BANNED
Mar 26, 2013
Germany
Release Date: 02 December 2013
Price: £14.99
Pre-order: Die Hard 2
Notes: Matte finish with embossed title, inside artwork, 1-disc edition, quarter slipcover

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Die Hard 3 had a steelbook not long ago, but I'd really like to see another in this style. It's even more unlikely that we'd get a new one for 5 but then again I wasn't keen on anything after 3, so I'd be happy with a trio in this style.

maybe the artwork matches with each other but they don't really match with the movies if you ask me.

I thought that when I saw it too. The glass is in keeping with the first Die Hard movie but has nothing to do with the second one. This artwork just seems like a lazy copy of the first steel. It's as though the designer got round to it at 4:55 on a Friday afternoon and had to clock off at 5.

looks exactly like the first steelbook.
the first sttelbook looks good but please not two times the same :(
it would have been much better if they had taken the film poster motifs
maybe if I can get it cheap

Im not liking how it looks identical to Die Hard 1. Same glass shattered, same pose facing same direction, Bruce looking in the same direction. The only difference is a jacket, bigger gun and a 2.

It makes me laugh how everyone is judging the plausibility of these designs, Do you really think this is the only case in any film/poster/cover design which isn't plausible. There is just no pleasing some people.

It was just a joke. I understand plenty of posters aren't true to life. I'm still going to buy it. And I actually like that it is similar to the first film's artwork.

i've hated this shattered glass artwork ever since that set came out, it looks stupid. and the back is just as stupid with the bullet not making sense like the first steelbook. another one i wont be buying

Reactions: Sam Crow
Not sure why this design is so lazy, they really had a chance to make this unique and something that would appeal to all Die Hard fans.

I love the first one and what they did, but this second one is a huge disappointment for me.

Would have purchased this if they did anything that made sense. :(

looks exactly like the first steelbook.
the first sttelbook looks good but please not two times the same :(
it would have been much better if they had taken the film poster motifs
maybe if I can get it cheap

Im not liking how it looks identical to Die Hard 1. Same glass shattered, same pose facing same direction, Bruce looking in the same direction. The only difference is a jacket, bigger gun and a 2.

Not sure why this design is so lazy, they really had a chance to make this unique and something that would appeal to all Die Hard fans.

I love the first one and what they did, but this second one is a huge disappointment for me.

Would have purchased this if they did anything that made sense. :(

First of all... having this second one come out like this pretty much concretes the fact that Zavvi is releasing the series with matching artwork (which is the same style as the 25th Anniversary edition artwork). So expect to see the others follow. If you want a preview of #3 and #4 (except the inside), just have a look at the digipack. There's your artwork.

Also, if anyone wants to pick fun at a steelbook series where they all look exactly the same, The Bourne series from Target USA takes the cake over this for sure. I had no interest in any of those, because they were all the same exact art, just slightly different poses. Super boring.

Reactions: MrKrabs2013
First of all... having this second one come out like this pretty much concretes the fact that Zavvi is releasing the series with matching artwork (which is the same style as the 25th Anniversary edition artwork). So expect to see the others follow. If you want a preview of #3 and #4 (except the inside), just have a look at the digipack. There's your artwork.

Also, if anyone wants to pick fun at a steelbook series where they all look exactly the same, The Bourne series from Target USA takes the cake over this for sure. I had no interest in any of those, because they were all the same exact art, just slightly different poses. Super boring.

I'm wondering if #3 is a problem, because Buena Vista / Disney owns that, not Fox (who own #1 & #2) in the UK.

Since there is already a steelbook that has not sold out, it might be a problem for them @ the studio level.

^^ well i've only seen part 2 once so i guess it could grow on me , but i think Die Hard 4.0 is actually the best sequel. It's totally different to the 1st of course, but as a stand alone film i thought it was very well made, modern and a good take on the character in his senior years.

I'm wondering if #3 is a problem, because Buena Vista / Disney owns that, not Fox (who own #1 & #2) in the UK.

Since there is already a steelbook that has not sold out, it might be a problem for them @ the studio level.

yah you have a point. let's hope they don't hit too much of a snag. i know of approximately zero people that were overly pleased with play's offering of #3. if zavvi skips that one for the reasons you mention, that will be a huge issue for a lot of completionist collectors who are looking to get the whole series on steelbook. i know for sure that for me personally, I would go digipack if that be the case.

Reactions: Revolver31