Die Hard 4.0 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: February 10,2014
Purchase link: Die Hard 4.0
Price: £14.99
Notes: Finish to match others in series.

d4-1.jpg

d4-2.jpg d4-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed (By Myself) Region Free.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

DHWAV is owned by Fox in North America and Disney in Europe. It will never be released to match this set.

Die Hard 3 (Die Hard with a Vengeance) UK is a licenced distribution using Disney Touchstone
20th century Fox still own the Film Rights
They still could arrange this to be re issued with Matching Artwork by doing either of the following

1)Fox could approach Disney to do a re issue using new artwork
Its only a distribution licence deal Touchstone have
Touchstone don't own the Film Rights

2)They also could end the UK distribution licence if there is a time period on the distribution licence and Re issue under Fox UK

If they wanted this to happen its possible its up to Twentieth Century Fox and Disney Touchstone to arrange this
The same would apply if Disney Touchstone wanted to Re issue they would have to get permission from Twentieth Century Fox to use new artwork

Last edited:
Really like the artwork on these but without die hard with a vengeance I think I'll just stick to the first film.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My copy arrived today but I'll keep it sealed. I won't comment on the lack of an unrated cut, or the way they edited the unrated version. I believe the box set in Europe has an unrated blu ray version now.

How mine arrived today ... You would think Bruce Willis was trying to bust out of the case! LOL

20140714_201456.jpg

Thankfully, though received this response in less than 12 hours:

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello Roshan,

Thank you for contacting us regarding order.

We have received your photos of the damaged item and would like to apologise that the item was received this way.

A replacement has now been requested and this should be dispatched within 24 hours.

If there is anything else that we can do then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,
Dave

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello Roshan,

We have received your photos of the damaged item and would like to apologise that the item was received this way.

A replacement has now been requested and this should be dispatched within 24 hours.

If there is anything else that we can do then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,
Dave

That must be a joke, what happened to zavvi? :D
But for the steel, the more I wait the less I know if I want to order this or not. By now I have 1 and 2, but with 3 maybe never announced what sense does it make to order nr. 4.
At least it is after all not a bad movie. I guess for 9,99 I would order it, but I'm not sure.
But if they released Die Hard 5 I would definitely not get it. The movie was just too bad.

How mine arrived today ... You would think Bruce Willis was trying to bust out of the case! LOL

View attachment 84568

Hello Roshan,

Kind Regards,
Dave

Ouch, that certainly Died Hard.

Really looking to get the set of all the steelbooks, but does it bother anyone else that 1, 2, and 4 are the same design scheme, but 3 and 5 aren't?

It bothers me, that's why I haven't bothered with these. I expect re-releases may be on the cards once Die Hard 6 inevitably rears its head

Already had 1 and 2 from the release, holding back for this one (cause of the issue with 3).
But for this price... so I placed my order today for this one... only 5,72 euro now