UK
Release date: May 20, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $10.99
Notes: Gloss finish

The entire line-up of Anchor Bay 2014 Wave of Blu-ray SteelBooks

13132620596_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It was over £9 on Amazon from US sellers a few days back, it's still available for £10+ from US sellers on Amazon. If you search "Django Unchained US Import" it's the one with the white placeholder artwork. :thumbs:

Why does it matter anyway? If you can get them cheaper from the US, then do that and don't buy them from Zavvi.

This is my point completely. Why would I buy from Zavvi??

I had 3 of those Steelbooks in my basket the other day with Amazon.ca. It was costing me €38 delivered to my door (WITH shipping costs included) To buy those 3 same Steelbooks right now from Zavvi would cost me the guts of €60!! It's a no brainer.

If they drop in price, awesome. But I won't be buying at those prices

Reactions: Marina Blue

I had 3 of those Steelbooks in my basket the other day with Amazon.ca. It was costing me €38 delivered to my door (WITH shipping costs included) To buy those 3 same Steelbooks right now from Zavvi would cost me the guts of €60!! It's a no brainer.

I like the fact that Zavvi now doing Steelbook Imports

Its handy all in one place with quick delivery and don't have to worry about shipping costs or any customs charges if you spent over €22 in one order from USA or Canada as that leaves the possibility of getting hit for customs
Also a big factor shipping Steelbook from USA and Canada is hit and miss for getting mint steelbooks from my experience and I have seen some horror stories about Amazon Canada for damaged steelbooks

I order a lot from Amazon USA but there mostly not steelbooks and are less prone to damage

Long Distance and postal handling don't mix well for steelbooks from USA/Canada in my experience

We also most likely will see price drops on some of these as well at some stage and more releases they get is better in my opinion

Last edited:

This is quite off-topic, but the "shocking" thing is that not everyone can get it cheaper than from Zavvi. I tried to put Django to my basket and then see what it would cost, it turned out that the price was one euro cheaper than Zavvi's (and with 16-32 day shipping time). Of course I would buy it from Zavvi. If you can get that or any of those significantly cheaper from elsewhere, good for you. As I said, not everyone can.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I agree Paul. It's good to see Zavvi try something different. Something positive. And its good to have the choice there if you want it.

Personally I just think they are a little too on the pricey side for me at the minute. Steelbooks are obviously a big seller for Zavvi and they are exploring every avenue which can only be a positive for us collectors.

I agree Paul. It's good to see Zavvi try something different. Something positive. And its good to have the choice there if you want it.

Personally I just think they are a little too on the pricey side for me at the minute. Steelbooks are obviously a big seller for Zavvi and they are exploring every avenue which can only be a positive for us collectors.

I personally think that zavvis import section is excellent news. It may be slightly cheaper from us or Canada amz but then you would have to order quite a few of them for the shipping to be worthwhile and then that would incur further customs charges. this is not even taking into account the pathetic packaging that amz.ca is infamous for and the immense headache of getting refunds or replacements. I would much rather deal with a local retailer even if its slightly more expensive. So now to order this from zavvi!:naughty:

I bought the Target Exclusive last year. The only problem I have with it is that the captions seem to be on by default. If only I had known that there would be another exclusive (in white), I would have gotten that one.

these are currently being sold on EBAY for £7.98 with free shipping!!!!!EEK!

Yeah I seen this on ebay by allyourmusic as well, anyone know what their packaging is like for steelbooks?

I have only ever bought amarays from them, they seem to pick and choose between card envelopes, bubble envelopes and the worst one was a thin polythene mailer one time, for a slip cover blu-ray.

Yeah I seen this on ebay by allyourmusic as well, anyone know what their packaging is like for steelbooks?

I have only ever bought amarays from them, they seem to pick and choose between card envelopes, bubble envelopes and the worst one was a thin polythene mailer one time, for a slip cover blu-ray.

I order the occasional digibook/steelbook from them, and they use a tight-fitting cardboard envelope. But they're fairly sturdy, I'm awaiting my copy at £7.98 it was worth the punt at least.

Reactions: steelbobawny