UK
Release date: May 20, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $10.99
Notes: Gloss finish

The entire line-up of Anchor Bay 2014 Wave of Blu-ray SteelBooks

13132620596_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new steel videos. Great steel, love the spine.

Which actor do you think stole the show?

Hard to pick one, Everyone gave a terrific performance (except for Tarantino himself :hilarious:) Jackson was phenomenal, DiCaprio, Foxx and Waltz were amazing too.

I'm gonna go with Leo ... he made for a good bad-guy. He made some scenes so tense it felt you were in the room too.

Completely agree with you.
When he crushes he's hand on the skull and slashes his hand and just continued the scene. Dedication. Love him

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a crime Leo hasn't won an Oscar. Inception in 2010, J. Edgar in 2011, Django Unchained in 2012, The Wolf of Wall Street in 2013. Not to mention, The Departed and The Aviator. Although I loved Christoph Waltz in this, I think Leo deserved the Oscar more.

I think it's a crime Leo hasn't won an Oscar. Inception in 2010, J. Edgar in 2011, Django Unchained in 2012, The Wolf of Wall Street in 2013. Not to mention, The Departed and The Aviator. Although I loved Christoph Waltz in this, I think Leo deserved the Oscar more.

Some of those I wasn't a huge fan of tho ... not to say he didnt give stellar acting in though.

I think he could have won for Django, and Departed. Perhaps Inception.

Wild shot in the dark here .... but sometimes it seems when an actor has been snubbed for a long time they just end up giving them an Oscar later on a movie that isnt as great a performance. Like Denzel in Training Day! I mean dont get me wrong I like the movie but damn Denzel has probably played harder roles in like 90% of all his other movies. Lot of politics I'd say.

Reactions: henry00x
Not a good example Wreck, because Denzel already got an oscar in a supporting role for Glory years prior. I do get your point though.

Back to the topic, most of these Anchor Bay steels including Django are plagued with slashed spines from the factory as the slashes are seen through the shrinkwrap (so not the fault of the retailer selling it).

Ah I got it mixed up with they were saying how come he hasnt won one when referencing that no black actor since Sidney Poitier had won it. And to this day only Forest and Jamie have as well.

Hope Will smith gets one before he's done.

as for slashes ...

if THROUGH the shrink / retailer
if INSIDE the shrink / replicator

I too have seen a ton of slashes as well. Hard to pick and choose.

i have the original version of this on steel. debating whether or not i need the new version. i do like it tho.

as for leo and his oscar snubs, he has gone up against some serious compeition, and while he has been excellent i can't take anything away from Matthew McConaughey who was just out of this world in Dallas Buyers Club. MM was most deserving.

i can't help but think his time will come soon.

as for the steel....it's at samsclub for 12.99 if you have one near you.

I still need to see Dallas Buyers club .... love MM tho, he had a great speech!

if anyone hasnt seen ... watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2cVhC-63I

hey jaws, one thing you could do is sell the django disc on ebay after buying the steel..... I see people break down editions all the time and sell discs off. Surprisingly they sell pretty well at times. No idea what a django disc goes for tho.

Some of those I wasn't a huge fan of tho ... not to say he didnt give stellar acting in though.

I think he could have won for Django, and Departed. Perhaps Inception.

Wild shot in the dark here .... but sometimes it seems when an actor has been snubbed for a long time they just end up giving them an Oscar later on a movie that isnt as great a performance. Like Denzel in Training Day! I mean dont get me wrong I like the movie but damn Denzel has probably played harder roles in like 90% of all his other movies. Lot of politics I'd say.

I agree, some of the movies overall weren't as good, like J. Edgar for example, but he was still great. I think the biggest oversight is for Django. Especially since everyone who was nominated for Best Supporting Actor that year had already won an Oscar.

as for leo and his oscar snubs, he has gone up against some serious compeition, and while he has been excellent i can't take anything away from Matthew McConaughey who was just out of this world in Dallas Buyers Club. MM was most deserving.

I agree that Matthew deserved it this past year. I was happy he won. It just sucked for Leo.

I still need to see Dallas Buyers club .... love MM tho, he had a great speech!

That's probably my all-time favorite Oscar acceptance speech. At least that I saw live on TV. I loved it.

So, I finally stumbled upon a stack of these at Target! No perfect copies, but more like 9.... 9.5 out of 10 in terms of condition. They are like that out the factory door.

Anyway, I picked up a couple of 10's....Naw actually...They some 9's, but they clean though! :hilarious:

I love Tarantino, DiCaprio, Fox....Django Unchained! So I had to pick up a couple copies at the reasonable price of $10. The spine alone is worth at least that much :hilarious:

This edition has been pretty elusive for me, but Im pretty darn persistent. Mission complete!

:scat:

Reactions: MGD
Anyway, I picked up a couple of 10's....Naw actually...They some 9's, but they clean though! :hilarious:
"Well, I'd say she's probably a six, but she'd look real fine in a four." :hilarious:
This edition has been pretty elusive for me, but Im pretty darn persistent. Mission complete!:scat:
Regarding elusiveness: I ordered first form Barnes and Nobles since they were cheapest upon release. Big mistake. Shipping caused severe damage. Returned to store where they had zero copies on the shelf. Tried my luck at Best Buy. Nothing in store; so I ordered online. Arrived with slightly less damage than B&N, but still, damage. By this time, Target had two in store, all with spine slashes and a couple paint chips here and there. Walked back into Best Buy to kill some times last night. Hallelujah!! Three copies and one was mint. Got it for $10. :oohyeah:

I found 2 more that are mint. I'd open group buy and assist getting more if folks need. But pretty sure most folks have been able to pick up. If not I'm here

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Love the next Friday quote no dings ;)

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches