E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Tweeted yesterday:

If you can't see the tweet:

Karl Urban tweeted:

Dredd 2: I'd do it !! @netflix or @Amazon . There's a gold mine of Awesome Mega City 1 stories!

What do you think? More DREDD? Discuss below.

dredd3-2.jpeg

Apparently Karl Urban said by mistake that Dredd 2 was in development at comic con EEK! BUT. Options are being discussed :thumbs:

Makes me wonder if the studio is holding off the FAC release until they confirm Dredd 2 :whistle: anyway I'm off to Facebook to show my support :thumbs: #BringBackDredd

Apparently Karl Urban said by mistake that Dredd 2 was in development at comic con EEK! BUT. Options are being discussed :thumbs:

Makes me wonder if the studio is holding off this release until they confirm Dredd 2 :whistle: anyway I'm off to Facebook to show my support :thumbs: #BringBackDredd

That'd be a no sadly.

Jason Kingsley - CEO of Rebellion (the company that owns and publishes 2000 AD) - revealed that talks about a film sequel or TV series are still ongoing, as the firm looks to expand its properties.

"We really want to get more TV stuff made and movie stuff made," he told Pocket-Lint. "There's stuff happening in the background that's really exciting.

"We're a long way from anything announcing, but we're working hard on that."

He added optimistically: "Dredd's world deserves a TV show. Several probably. Several box sets, actually. Six at least!

"You could tell so many stories. There are so may brilliant epics. You could imagine one series of Dredd doing another Cursed Earth run."

And if we are to see the return of Dredd, Kingsley confirmed that he would want Urban to don the helmet.

"He's a big 2000 AD fan - a genuine 2000 AD fan," the exec said of the Star Trek actor.

"People say they're a 2000 AD fan but you ask them about details and they start to go all twitchy. Karl though is genuine. I think he brought that to the character, his childhood interpretation of it."

Source

Last edited by a moderator: