Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: June 6, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £54.99
Notes: UHD Disc Region Free - Blu-ray Disc Region B locked
Drive_ExplodedPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

FOJlmfSXMAU1SdB.jpg FOJpJAUXwAQNMK2.jpg FOJl50OXsAIyLBr.jpg FOJl0jRXIAk47gT.jpg 275568898_2381321562002263_3343378778649380361_n.jpg
Special Features

• A Special Edition release presented by Second Sight Films and Director Nicolas Winding Refn
  • Includes UHD and Blu-ray both with main feature and bonus features
  • New 4K master produced by the original post production company and approved by Nicolas Winding Refn
  • UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR graded by the film’s original colourist
  • Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • New exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and The Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw
  • Drive: a 70 minutes conversation with Nicolas Winding Refn, Editor Mat Newman and Composer Cliff Martinez
  • Cutting a Getaway - a new interview with Mat Newman
  • 3 Point Turns – a new video essay by Leigh Singer
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Premium box set packaging with new artwork by AllCity
  • 240-page hardback book with new essays by Travis Crawford, Alison Taylor, Matthew Thrift, Simon Ward, Thomas Joseph Watson, Emma Westwood and Hannah Woodhead, an exclusive interview with Drive author James Sallis by Matthew Thrift, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos
  • The original novel with exclusive new artwork by AllCity
  • 7 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4146

Certificate: 18

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Last edited by a moderator:
since the edition itself is so sturdy, zavvi saved on additional packaging and attached the shipping labels directly to the unsealed box.. i tore off half the artwork when i tried to remove the sticker from the grotesquely deformed box despite a maximum of caution

you're welcome and sleep well!

:p

nah, i actually dont know.. second sight themselves shipped the item in a very large box with lots of bubblewrap.. with zavvi id be afraid that they use some bubblewrap envelope, but tbh this item should be too large, so they probably go for a box with
VZaA.gif

Aren’t you supposed to be banned?

Your like that weird kid in the corner just saying random sh!t to himself and the insects. Making zero f**king sense

Was (again).

Yeah, I'm weird that way. Love me insects. Make good eat too.

Have a nice weekend ! ( I mean it ) :thumbs:

Haven't said this out loud before but I'm massively meh on this set.

Had high hopes based on the original BS about what could have been, but in hand disappointed. Just plain glossy card on everything, I've no interest in the story book, the hardback book is nice but I doubt I'll ever look at it in detail, the picture cards are just picture cards and then just a boring digipak to hold the discs

Hard not to compare this at £60 with a Steelbook set like the HMV The Batman or the Zavvi Doctor Strange MOM and feel it was massively overpriced for what you get

No offense, but why buy this if you have no interest in the books? It’s basically the entire point of the set.

Firstly I said I had no interest in the story book, never said I wasn't interested in the other book I just said I'd never look at it in detail (I even said it was nice). Amazing how I went into detail about the things I'm disappointed about in the set and that's what you've picked out :facepalm:

Secondly the whole point of the set is the books? How's that exactly? The selling point of the set is the 4K disc, what then separates the regular edition with the 4K disc to this CE is the packaging and the extra's. The whole point of the set definitely isn't just the two books

Last edited:
Reactions: leelee17
No offense, but why buy this if you have no interest in the books? It’s basically the entire point of the set.
Exactly. I don't think I'll read the novel, but I'd like to read essays about the movie, and whatever else there is. Must be something interesting in 160 pages!

To be honest the books weren't a big selling point for me, personally. I won't read the novel but may get around to flicking through the hardback book at some point. I bought this set because its a damn nice set for a modern classic at a great price for the content
No it isn't.its about picking up a premium edition for a movie I love instead of a bog standard amaray edition. For me, personally, that's the case with every special / premium edition I purchase. No matter what the content is its all about the movie...

Reactions: crib79 and tommyh84
Secondly the whole point of the set is the books? How's that exactly? The selling point of the set is the 4K disc, what then separates the regular edition with the 4K disc to this CE is the packaging and the extra's. The whole point of the set definitely isn't just the two books
So, it the difference between this set and the regular amaray is the books but those are not.... I don't get it, it was very clear from the getgo what you were going to receive/get when ordering this set.

Decided to open my copy in the end and thankfully the majority of the damage I mentioned earlier was on the removable card thingy, so there's only one small ding on the rear down a single edge, which I can live with :D

The books aren’t the selling point for me either. For me it’s a number things like I like the whole set and art, drive in 4K, recently discovering second sight and liking their products, the extras including the books. So all of it. But they were the last selling point for me