Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 49) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on February 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $149.98 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On. (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight).

Dune_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_FS_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_DLS_5000x.jpg
Dune_steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
I think this FS is pretty underwhelming in hand. I should have gone with the bowling pins.
I originally wanted the lenti, but it sold out stupidly quick so I obviously had to settle for the FS. I'm not disappointed with it as such... I just think they could've done certain things a little better to give it more of a "wow" factor.

Reactions: Shark and gAnX
Question... do the majority of you actually like the cookie cutter effect? I honestly hate it and don't really understand its purpose... is it supposed to add depth? I'd rather they just left it flat, since the spot gloss highlights the characters anyway. Was expecting more holofoil on the FS too, similar to how they've done the title. Love the steelbook though!
Not really, but I do know @DMD4k loves it :naughty::rolleyes:

you got this season 1 GIF by Z: The Beginning of Everything

:p

Question... do the majority of you actually like the cookie cutter effect? I honestly hate it and don't really understand its purpose... is it supposed to add depth? I'd rather they just left it flat, since the spot gloss highlights the characters anyway. Was expecting more holofoil on the FS too, similar to how they've done the title. Love the steelbook though!

nope.. I like it when the gloss differs e.g. little spots, different thickness, etc on some pieces but not the lines they make with the cookie cutter style

I also prefer it when gloss separates images and textures by thickness etc

Some cookie cutter looks okay, when it’s minimal. Or it depends on the image. I think it works great on mantas first man FS and stuff like the weet Spider-Man because of his suits

However both manta and weet have gone a little over board with it in recent years

I also prefer it when gloss separates images and textures by thickness etc

Some cookie cutter looks okay, when it’s minimal. Or it depends on the image. I think it works great on mantas first man FS and stuff like the weet Spider-Man because of his suits

However both manta and weet have gone a little over board with it in recent years
See, I personally can't even think of a single example where I feel like it looks good or actually adds anything to the image. I've always felt like it was introduced as a way to just appear "different", but different obviously doesn't always mean better.

Spot-gloss is all you need baby! :hungry:

i like the so called cookie cutter effect, but remember i have good taste

Ok so all this time I thought I knew what the term ‘cookie cutter’ effect actually meant, but now ya’ll referring it to the FS, I’m not sure I know what it means now… :cautious:

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Ok so all this time I thought I knew what the term ‘cookie cutter’ effect actually meant, but now ya’ll referring it to the FS, I’m not sure I know what it means now… :cautious:
Cookie cutter means the gloss/embossing treatment that looks like.. well cookie cutter cutted :D these fine lines in the gloss to separate parts of it

Last edited: