Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 49) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on February 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $149.98 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On. (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight).

Dune_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_FS_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_DLS_5000x.jpg
Dune_steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so non-cookie cutter, looks more like paper laminated, but cookie cutter looks like gloss stuck on?
I think we've confused you by throwing the word gloss into the equation, which "cookie cutter" has nothing to do with. The term simply refers to those debossed lines you see on areas of Black Mantas armor in the image JBT posted above.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I think we've confused you by throwing the word gloss into the equation, which "cookie cutter" has nothing to do with. The term simply refers to those debossed lines you see on areas of Black Mantas armor in the image JBT posted above.
Ohhhh ok ok, so the cookie cutter refers to the deeps lines outlining something but could be any finish or effect?

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
And how did you get 'contributor' status..? :cautious:

Sounds like they're handing out these badges to anyone!!! :p
How you gonna’ do me dirty like that?!? Haha

I of course knew of it, just always believed it referred to something else haha!

Having the contributor status means I can contribute something, or nothing. I guess you be the judge of that… hahahaha

Ohhhh ok ok, so the cookie cutter refers to the deeps lines outlining something but could be any finish or effect?
Exactly that

It’s literally a finish where it looks like someone has a cookie cutter with the shape of the front image with all the lines and details Inbetween and pressed down on the full slip Like you would when making cookies with a cookie cutter. Weet and manta use it a real lot. Basically it’s like a line with a gap like a trench. Can be off putting sometimes. Decent when used well. Annoying when overused

Look at something like a nova full slip and it will have a gloss outline separating images from the slip finish. Or whatever is glossed/ spot glossed on that slip

Oh, well, that's gloss AND embossing. Wouldn't call it 'cookie cutter'.
It’s literally became a phrase on here to refer to that style for a few years. So I would call if that. Lol. Everyone’s on the same page then

Last edited:
Received the full slip today along with the prestige lenti

I’m a bit underwhelmed by this if I'm honest. It’s mainly the steel, the colour is a bit gross in hand and nothing special.

I do really like the full slip though (even though mine has some scrapes on the slip) but I did think the back art would have some Holofoil. Shame, would of made that look better with the spice.
Looking forward to watching it again.

The prestige on the other hand is a flawless release. Very impressed

Exactly that

It’s literally a finish where it looks like someone has a cookie cutter with the shape of the front image with all the lines and details Inbetween and pressed down on the full slip Like you would when making cookies with a cookie cutter. Weet and manta use it a real lot. Basically it’s like a line with a gap like a trench. Can be off putting sometimes. Decent when used well. Annoying when overused

Look at something like a nova full slip and it will have a gloss outline separating images from the slip finish. Or whatever is glossed/ spot glossed on that slip
now *THATS* a contribution

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

I'd say these are 2 good examples of cookie cutter done well and not so well

Good
View attachment 534383

Bad
View attachment 534384

See it works for the A1 slip as it highlights the web lines in the suit but just looks plain stupid on the A2 (specifically on the legs)
Ok, I can see what you mean to a certain extent. If it’s done well it can really add to the overall look and feel, especially if there’s textures and appropriate colour grading in the gaps.

200.gif

but no, @Noodles, i actually like it most of the time. i tend to buy lentis, but if the design is one i like, i go for it, irrespective. e.g. Ant-Man & The Wasp WeET A2 FS - lovely use, and works well with the helmet lines, suit detail and honeycomb effect. :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles