Elf - 20th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 Globally

81cMlaHh1SL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71egJKZMBcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 718RB+Wwf0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81iCtqzuWfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81UNmvuKkKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81LeSsUcw7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Package is cool but I don’t like the steel. Pass

Being nearly mid October most these current announcements for collectors editions coming out in Nov or Dec should of been announced much sooner imo. Like Schindler’s list etc.

All my November and December orders are taken up so maybe it’s a good thing I don’t like the steel here

Reactions: crib79
Swing and a miss. The box is generically themed to Christmas colors red and green. But then the discs are red and blue. And the poster looks like it came from Etsy. And the steelbook is not great. For me, there have been plenty of normal steelbooks for this movie. It's time for something that leans into the quirkiness more—a "Bye, Buddy, hope you find your dad" edition, maybe. Or a slip that looks like Finch's notebook. Or include Buddy's picture book as one of the extras. A "World's Best Cup of Coffee" window decal. Something. There's got to be more than this.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
steelbook a lil' clunky, but i like the packaging. UK getting all my money, lol...(but might wait and see what that price looks like, since extras aren't anything to collect).

Swing and a miss. The box is generically themed to Christmas colors red and green. But then the discs are red and blue. And the poster looks like it came from Etsy. And the steelbook is not great. For me, there have been plenty of normal steelbooks for this movie. It's time for something that leans into the quirkiness more—a "Bye, Buddy, hope you find your dad" edition, maybe. Or a slip that looks like Finch's notebook. Or include Buddy's picture book as one of the extras. A "World's Best Cup of Coffee" window decal. Something. There's got to be more than this.
good points...

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
I don’t understand why they have used a panel you can open when it’s exactly the same art behind the border when you open in. I’m also confused why they have added the pointless window when the shape of the window underneath is the same size

Would be nice if they showed the entire steelbook!!! inside art and back
Boxset should have that LED option, any of you got Spiderman box set with the LED? Would have been cool for Elf
DE6BDE8E-F8C9-4E9B-AD9D-668DEBF1B6A8.jpeg

I like the slip design/concept... the steel however, not so much. If it's priced right I might bite, but we all know that's not going to happen.

I like the slip design/concept... the steel however, not so much. If it's priced right I might bite, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Yeah, same here, steelbook is crap, but I like the concept. Will see about the price and also finish on slip and material.

Reactions: Noodles
I don’t understand why they have used a panel you can open when it’s exactly the same art behind the border when you open in. I’m also confused why they have added the pointless window when the shape of the window underneath is the same size
Plus the mock up is wrong. The candy cane on the clear window should be on the other side when it's opened!!

Screenshot_20231011_182350_com.android.chrome_edit_221051275394394.jpg Screenshot_20231011_182400_edit_221074687479286.jpg

The whole thing is a mess IMO. Not a fan of the film anyway.

I assumed that it's actually removable (very tiny) Christmas ornaments, though the slip on this mockup is obviously not thick enough. So the front window is clear plastic, and then you open it and take out the ornaments? If that's not what this is, then you're right, this edition is even more pointless.

I assumed that it's actually removable (very tiny) Christmas ornaments, though the slip on this mockup is obviously not thick enough. So the front window is clear plastic, and then you open it and take out the ornaments? If that's not what this is, then you're right, this edition is even more pointless.
There'll be no removable ornaments :LOL:

That's how glass Christmas ornaments used to be packaged. It's very much a nostalgic look for me.

That's how glass Christmas ornaments used to be packaged. It's very much a nostalgic look for me.
Nope. The image under the plastic screen that you lift would be full. But it’s an exact copy of the window and imagery. It’s weird

I liked the idea until I realised they haven’t actually nailed it

Reactions: ddeahl
Nope. The image under the plastic screen that you lift would be full. But it’s an exact copy of the window and imagery. It’s weird

I liked the idea until I realised they haven’t actually nailed it
oh yeah. I get what you're saying. Definitely not ideal. Hopefully this is just a concept and the final product will be better

Reactions: Flloydo