Empire of the Sun (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 25, 2011
Neverland
Release date: December 1st, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi
Notes: Ultra Limited to 2500 copies with Matt Varnish Finish and Embossed Title and Child Treatment.

empire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
don't normally do this just watched the film then watched a 49min featurette of how the film was made it was excellent anyone that gets this make sure you watch it.
The amount of money they must have spent making this must have been astronomical when you see all the extras and model planes they build and shutting down a major part of shanghai as well to do some of this. can tell it's the 80s when you look at speilbergs clothes lol.

this happens be one of the best extras i have seen in a long while, apart from being a bloody good film.

basil :thumbs:

don't normally do this just watched the film then watched a 49min featurette of how the film was made it was excellent anyone that gets this make sure you watch it.
The amount of money they must have spent making this must have been astronomical when you see all the extras and model planes they build and shutting down a major part of shanghai as well to do some of this. can tell it's the 80s when you look at speilbergs clothes lol.

this happens be one of the best extras i have seen in a long while, apart from being a bloody good film.

basil :thumbs:

Must admit I've got into watching extras a lot more recently than I ever have, certainly for the quality films out there and classics, of which this is one or both IMO.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531 and Basil
Just recieved mine. Big nasty cut on the front and the blu-ray disc looked like it was thrown on the floor and rubbed around, completely scratched. GG quality control. Meh. Sent Zavvi pictures and asked for a replacement.

Reactions: dan8885
Just recieved mine. Big nasty cut on the front and the blu-ray disc looked like it was thrown on the floor and rubbed around, completely scratched. GG quality control. Meh. Sent Zavvi pictures and asked for a replacement.

Same here. Ordered two, one as a gift. One is mint and the second one got a big scratch on the front top right. Never sent zavvi something back from over here, need to see how it works (n)