Release date: August 26, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99
Notes: UK Exclusive Limited to 2000

King Kong.jpg

1719299423159.jpeg

Last edited:
Your point being?
That you incorrectly claimed quality and success of a movie wasn't a factor in the reason why something would sell out quickly.

the quality or financial success of the movie is irrelevant,

Atomic Blonde did do 100 mill at box office, yet Kong did 5x that @ 500+ mill. That is reflected in how quick both 4k collectors releases sold out I.e. over 1 week for Atomic Blonde & minutes for Kong.

Quality and financial success will always be a factor in demand for physical media, regardless of the reasoning for buying it.

That you incorrectly claimed quality and success of a movie wasn't a factor in the reason why something would sell out quickly.

Atomic Blonde did do 100 mill at box office, yet Kong did 5x that @ 500+ mill. That is reflected in how quick both 4k collectors releases sold out I.e. over 1 week for Atomic Blonde & minutes for Kong.

Quality and financial success will always be a factor in demand for physical media, regardless of the reasoning for buying it.
Don't take what I said specifically about King kong and Atomic blonde and then try to apply it to everything, I agree quality or popularity can be an important factor but my point was I don't believe that's the case in *THIS* instance.

HMV cancelling orders and limiting orders to one is pretty telling or perhaps you think collectors are ordering multiple copies for themselves?

Don't take what I said specifically about King kong and Atomic blonde and then try to apply it to everything, I agree quality or popularity can be an important factor but my point was I don't believe that's the case in *THIS* instance.

HMV cancelling orders and limiting orders to one is pretty telling or perhaps you think collectors are ordering multiple copies for themselves?
The problem is that in many cases it is not the collectors who buy, but rather the "hyenas".

Okay bud, why don't you believe it is factor in *THIS* instance?

HMV limiting to 1 per order isn't a new thing with this release, nor would it correlate to a faster sellout.

Scalpers & collectors had the same opportunity & variables to buy Atomic Blonde as they did Kong at Zavvi & Amazon. Both sold out in minutes for Kong and a week for Atomic Blonde.

HMV retrospectively cancelled multiples and reduced to 1 per order, thus making it harder for scalpers. Yet it still sold out in minutes vs Atomic Blonde which took a week. It's almost as if one is more popular than the other and that is the most integral factor here...

Okay bud, why don't you believe it is factor in *THIS* instance?

HMV limiting to 1 per order isn't a new thing with this release, nor would it correlate to a faster sellout.

Scalpers & collectors had the same opportunity & variables to buy Atomic Blonde as they did Kong at Zavvi & Amazon. Both sold out in minutes for Kong and a week for Atomic Blonde.

HMV retrospectively cancelled multiples and reduced to 1 per order, thus making it harder for scalpers. Yet it still sold out in minutes vs Atomic Blonde which took a week. It's almost as if one is more popular than the other and that is the most integral factor here...
You mentioned that King Kong sold out in minutes at Amazon.

I don't think it has gone live there yet.

• Informative
Reactions: K1SK1S