Entertainment Store - SteelBook Retailer Thread [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
entertainmentstore_zps5a70a611.jpg

Entertainment Store are a retailer operating exclusively in the PlayTrade section of Play.com:

Store links: Play.com - eBay.co.uk

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc. about this retailer here.

Exclusive 2013 HDN Interview here

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> Follow on screen instructions >> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of UK?
A) They only offer (free) shipping within the UK with the exception of some items sold through their eBay outlet which may be eligible for International delivery.

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A cardboard sleeve (pictured below, thanks to Zoneism):
Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit/debit card only

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Overall the majority of Ninjas have had a good experience with ES - will update constantly.

Cancellations: Your account >> Outstanding Orders >> Cancel Order

Replacements: Your account >> Order History >> Return item >> Follow instructions

Refunds: TBC

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that a new announcement will be made by ES on Friday 14th Feb. If this is the next steelbook maybe it'll be Love Actually or Sleepless in Seattle - as the announcement is being made on Valentines Day. Keep checking the boards this Friday.:scat:

FYI, I ordered all 3 walking deads from the Ebay store, season 1 never came and when I asked them about it they said they are not shipping international any more due to too many issues, they gave a refund....now I need to over pay for the missing season :(

Edit: After posting what I was told I went back and ordered another one....so......who knows.

I think ES should either stop shipping interntionally or charge the correct shipping cost for secure packaging. The latter means they have to charge 7~8 GBP for 1 Steelbook, 10 GBP for 2, 14 GBP for 3 and so on.

Got my replacement of Forbidden Planet from ES's Ebay shop and it was not sent in a cardboard mailer this time. It came mint in one of these. Bravo ES. This deserves positive feedback :)

attachment.php

Just to add i also ordered Forbidden Planet and Natural Born Killers Via the Entertainment Store Ebay site and all arrived mint condish :scat:

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

And was using this exact same packaging

Reactions: digitalbabe
Just to add i also ordered Forbidden Planet and Natural Born Killers Via the Entertainment Store Ebay site and all arrived mint condish :scat:

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

And was using this exact same packaging
It seems like it's the ebay store that has problems as never had a problem with ES packaging or damaged steels. My last order was the recent Corpse Bride & it came in the packaging the same as the photo, it stops the steel from moving around.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Got my replacement of Forbidden Planet from ES's Ebay shop and it was not sent in a cardboard mailer this time. It came mint in one of these. Bravo ES. This deserves positive feedback :)

attachment.php
This packaging was used for my orders but I've only ever bought from ES direct through Play.Com not used ebay outlet

I'm struggling to believe that Forbidden Planet has apparently sold so few. With 999 still available to add to basket at Play, the question is one of either; how come this has sold so few, or, was it really a 4k print run?

And judging by ES tactics in the past, they will charge a week or two before release and we all be fuming, best not to order ;)

They are sneaky b*stards at ES, they sent me an item which I had cancelled and then (initially) refused to pay the postage to send it back despite it being their fault. They tried to make out that I should have been more careful before ordering as "they can't guarantee that cancellations will be processed successfully" or some other BS.

I'm all for supporting the little guy, but when they use the same ruthless, greedy tactics that big companies use then they can go screw themselves...

And that £26 price is an absolute joke, I've ordered cheaper PS4 games FFS!!!

A few posts moved to retailer thread. Please continue to remain respectful and address any order issues with them.

The studio dictates terms of exclusives, one of which can be the price, etc.

Entertainment Store Help / Info

Can anyone help me clarify something about the Entertainments store limited edition steelbooks?

The blue sticker states the Steelbook is a limited edition of X amount of units the the next line worries me "Available at The Entertainment store"

The wording doesn't really fill me with confidence that the book is exclusive to them but suggests they only have an X amount to sell, therefore the book could be available to other retailers.

Is this the case?

My thanks ninjas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone help me clarify something about the Entertainments store limited edition steelbooks?

The blue sticker states the Steelbook is a limited edition of X amount of units the the next line worries me "Available at The Entertainment store"

The wording doesn't really fill me with confidence that the book is exclusive to them but suggests they only have an X amount to sell, therefore the book could be available to other retailers.

Is this the case?

My thanks ninjas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've moved your post here robbie. The sticker means that the steelbook is an Entertainment Store Exclusive and is only available through them in the UK. You may find an identical steelbook in another country but the exclusivity rights mean no other retailer would be allowed to sell it in the UK.

Reactions: Thelite13