Entertainment Store - SteelBook Retailer Thread [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
entertainmentstore_zps5a70a611.jpg

Entertainment Store are a retailer operating exclusively in the PlayTrade section of Play.com:

Store links: Play.com - eBay.co.uk

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc. about this retailer here.

Exclusive 2013 HDN Interview here

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> Follow on screen instructions >> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of UK?
A) They only offer (free) shipping within the UK with the exception of some items sold through their eBay outlet which may be eligible for International delivery.

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A cardboard sleeve (pictured below, thanks to Zoneism):
Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit/debit card only

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Overall the majority of Ninjas have had a good experience with ES - will update constantly.

Cancellations: Your account >> Outstanding Orders >> Cancel Order

Replacements: Your account >> Order History >> Return item >> Follow instructions

Refunds: TBC

Last edited:
Never had a response email....

I actually emailed them yesterday and received a response this morning:

I was wondering if you planned on releasing a Steelbook for The Walking Dead season 4 to go with the previous 3 seasons that had Entertainment Store exclusives. Having purchased all 3 seasons from your eBay Outlet (since the regular store doesn't ship to the US), I would be really disappointed and disinclined to make future purchases from ES when you say they line would continue to further seasons and then go back on that.

I hope you can clear up this question for me.

Thanks,
- dfoles

Hi dfoles,
Thanks for your query.
We don't have any concrete plans to at this stage, I’m sorry I can't advise more.

Regards,
Alexandra

:angry:

Guys, maybe your energies would be better used trying to rally up other collectors to buy the existing 3 seasons on SteelBook. By increasing sales on those then it might give ES reason to do the next season in the series.

It would be great to have season 4 as well but we have to be realistic and appreciate that it would be very bad business sense to release season 4, knowing that it won't sell very well, just to please a select few who are upset that it isn't going ahead.

I'm just trying to put a reality check on it, not having a pop ;)

Lets just hope that the amazing Raid 2 doesn't arrive like a bent banana!!! :ohno:

As their packaging leaves a lot to be desired....:cool:

I do like the way their steelbooks go on sale shortly after the announcement, rather than other retailers announcing a steelbook and sometime within the next 3 months you'll be able to order it!!

Sent them another inquiry about walking dead season 4 everyone else should do the same enough interest should generate one ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dfoles
Guys, maybe your energies would be better used trying to rally up other collectors to buy the existing 3 seasons on SteelBook. By increasing sales on those then it might give ES reason to do the next season in the series.

It would be great to have season 4 as well but we have to be realistic and appreciate that it would be very bad business sense to release season 4, knowing that it won't sell very well, just to please a select few who are upset that it isn't going ahead.

I'm just trying to put a reality check on it, not having a pop ;)

perhaps if they were to lower the prices on the three previous releases they would sell out meaning that there is a reason to release an S4 as there is a marketplace for it. it's not exactly enticing people to buy any remaining items when 9 months after release they are still the same price as on day 1

I think it would just be ridiculous not to at least release a small print run. I mean, you have to imagine that they have sold a couple thousand sets at worst, right? So just release a 2000 run that will be bought up by those that own the first 3 and everyone else will have to deal with mixed sets if they buy seasons 1-3 so long after release.

That would basically make season 4 a guaranteed sellout, right?

Reactions: mr blue and dfoles
I think it would just be ridiculous not to at least release a small print run. I mean, you have to imagine that they have sold a couple thousand sets at worst, right? So just release a 2000 run that will be bought up by those that own the first 3 and everyone else will have to deal with mixed sets if they buy seasons 1-3 so long after release.

That would basically make season 4 a guaranteed sellout, right?

surely this would only inflate the price tremendously. Even though there are people who would want the complete set, im not sure all of them would buy it at the inflated price meaning yet again they will be stuck with more unsold copies. It needs to make good business sense for them to do it. Which currently it doesn't seem as though it would.

surely this would only inflate the price tremendously. Even though there are people who would want the complete set, im not sure all of them would buy it at the inflated price meaning yet again they will be stuck with more unsold copies. It needs to make good business sense for them to do it. Which currently it doesn't seem as though it would.

Indeed. If ES limit the print run then what that will happen is the eBay muppets will jump on it and those of us who just want to continue our collection will have to pay through the nose. It'll be like the Harry Potter FS steels.

WD is my favourite show. I think I would be willing to pay a bit over the odds to keep the collection complete. I like the german artwork for S4, but it is just too different to my season 1-3 steelies. I guess thats the danger with starting to collect very specific packaging for an on-going series. Its always going to be a risk... :0(

So I sent another email last night and got a response this morning:

Me said:
Hi,

I sent an email a couple of weeks ago regarding a steelbook for Walking Dead season 4. I received no response. It would be a real shame if a steel for season 4 wasn't released as I bought the first 3 seasons on the assumption that more seasons were going to be given the same treatment.

I'd understand if the first 3 seasons didn't sell quite as well as you'd liked, but to punish those of us who invested in them on the basis that more were coming is pretty disappointing.

I hope to hear from you soon. If the answer is a 'no' then I'll be left with no choice but to sell the 3 seasons I've got and put the money towards the MediaMarkt steelbooks. They're not as attractive as yours but hey, I don't really do incomplete or inconsistent sets.

-Steve

Their response:

Entertainment Store said:
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately at this stage we have no further news on whether we will be selling an ES exclusive steel for the 4th season of The Walking Dead.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Regards,

Alexandra

Reactions: dfoles