Exclusive Interview with Eduardo Figueroa from Scanavo/SteelBook!!

Wow, very cool and interesting! :)

It's nice to get a insight how things works at Scanavo. Maybe HDN will interview them sometime and we could post questions? :)

Sammy

\\(=^.^=)//
Premium Supporter
Sep 16, 2011
Brazil
Hello you guys! :D

Here's the exclusive interview with the markenting manager of Scanavo/Steelbook for BJC, a Brazilian website (the biggest one in the collection's theme):

Click here :)

There's an english version available too (just scroll down the page;)).

PS: I hope I had posted it on the correct place. If don't I hope to not be spanked by the mods... :emb::ohno:
PS1: I'm posting this on the website's owner behalf, as it was personally requested by him. I have no participation whatsover on the interview/post.

Last edited:
Interesting to read him say that they can essentially produce any old tat for the German market and it will sell, so no effort needs to be made with them.

Nice. Finally confirmation for the 4K print run, people can now stop asking about it. Also I want to see his X Men SB. I wonder what it is and if its custom made for him. It must be nice to be able to whip a SB if you feel like it.

or maybe signed by an x-men actor

Nah ... I think he is actually misinformed in regards to his Xmen steel. Another Scanavo contact had the same steel and it recently sold for far less then he thought. (under $100)

It's a futureshop xmen steelbook from the dvd days.

Reactions: Hooltra
Great to read this...while at work! ;-) Thanks, Sammy!

I wonder what X-Men he was referring to that cost $1000.00....any ideas, guys?

Last edited:
Great interview! Centred a bit on the Ameriacas and Brazil, but the guy is from Brazil so can't really complain! Mentions a lot of other info around the world, europe is included so i'm happy :D

He mentions the SB factory in Ohio, he said all of the steels in EU, Asia and Oceania are made in Copanhagen? Also Canada, US and Mexico are made in OH? Why is it then that the recent BB [in]exclusives were from Denmark? Logistically it makes no sense.

Also, I can't see how a steelbook is 100% Biodegradeable? It's 50% plastic!

The response about the X-Men was posted by Wreck above.

And the factory was only up and running as of June 2012. So they weren't fully functional and weren't making the SB for BB. It still had to be sourced from Denmark. Now the factory is up, all future SB should be from Ohio. This was posted by Wreck before.

Great interview! Centred a bit on the Ameriacas and Brazil, but the guy is from Brazil so can't really complain! Mentions a lot of other info around the world, europe is included so i'm happy :D

He mentions the SB factory in Ohio, he said all of the steels in EU, Asia and Oceania are made in Copanhagen? Also Canada, US and Mexico are made in OH? Why is it then that the recent BB [in]exclusives were from Denmark? Logistically it makes no sense.

Also, I can't see how a steelbook is 100% Biodegradeable? It's 50% plastic!

Reactions: RiX
really good insite.....

In Germany he stated that the "SteelBook has already become a popular product and is no longer something premium". I feel if play.com continue to produce as many as they are then this could happen in the UK

"Nowadays in Germany for an edition to be considered premium it’s not enough to come as a SteelBook, it must have something extra, like wooden boxes or tins" explains why so many collector editions get released in Germany