Face/Off (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 2, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 8, at 12 PM - UK time)
Price: £14.99

image-jpg.180224

Last edited:
. . . surely you might reconsider with a free 'Dredd' keychain included ;) ?

A dredd keychain that you don't even get with the original order as many as discovering !
Come on somebody put their hand up, there must be someone out there that has ordered this version
Got a feeling you may be waiting a while![emoji38]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439157835.005408.jpg

I wouldn't touch this steel with a 10 foot pole, #sorrynotsorry :p

Seriously though, it's a compromise for those who are not willing/able to shell a few extra bucks for the BF version. However there's also a cheaper (than BF) alternative here.

To ask about a steel's value, you can post in this thread. And to request help with getting a title, you can try here. Good luck.

Sorry I just mean a general can you still get hold of it at a reasonable price, not specifically please link to where I can buy. I'll have a look at the other threads though, thanks. I must be the minority as I prefer simple steels and don't think the Zavvi is too bad!

Sorry I just mean a general can you still get hold of it at a reasonable price, not specifically please link to where I can buy. I'll have a look at the other threads though, thanks. I must be the minority as I prefer simple steels and don't think the Zavvi is too bad!

Only place to really get it from now is eBay or a seller on here, eBay prices are about £40 buy it now

Admit to being very disappointed by this half-assed U.K. steelbook for this blockbuster film although will unfortunately have to buy it at some point in the future on a price reduction as there are no viable decent alternatives for me (apart from maybe the U.S. / Canadian) :(

As far as I can see the alternatives are:-

(1) The U.S. / CANADIAN with the two faces 'melding' has the most recognisable image for the film.
Available at a so-so price (between the equivalent of GBP 20 to 30).
I don't mind the lack of inside art as that is never a deal-breaker for me.
According to another site it is Region AB so that is good for me too.
BTW what appears to be a blue banner across the front is only part of the j-card.

(2) The GERMAN is spoiled for me by the German text everywhere.
Has inside art though.
Only a few quid more than the Zavvi.
Same image as the Blufans though in this case they thought it so good they used it twice as it's on the back too.
Don't know if this is flat or has 'bossing on either the image or the title like the Blufans.

(3) The CHINESE BLUFANS is the best by a mile but that was released two years ago in a limited print run of 2,000 with the result that the best price I've found is the equivalent of GBP 42, though 'Buy It Now' prices are typically around the GBP 55 - 60 level (which is several times more expensive than all of the others).
One good thing about these editions, if I'm not mistaken, is that once you remove the slipcovers with the Chinese print on them all print on the actual steelbooks are in English (?).

In conclusion, if I'd been offered a 'Face / Off' steelbook with the Blufans front and back artwork with embossing / debossing and a U.K. j-card I'd have been one of the first in the queue to buy it and I suspect it would be, by now 24 hours later, on its way to 'Sold out' status instead of in a situation where nobody has put their hands up and admitted buying it - people must have . . . surely ?

Admit to being very disappointed by this half-assed U.K. steelbook for this blockbuster film although will unfortunately have to buy it at some point in the future on a price reduction as there are no viable decent alternatives for me (apart from maybe the U.S. / Canadian) :(

As far as I can see the alternatives are:-

(1) The U.S. / CANADIAN with the two faces 'melding' has the most recognisable image for the film.
Available at a so-so price (between the equivalent of GBP 20 to 30).
I don't mind the lack of inside art as that is never a deal-breaker for me.
According to another site it is Region AB so that is good for me too.
BTW what appears to be a blue banner across the front is only part of the j-card.

(2) The GERMAN is spoiled for me by the German text everywhere.
Has inside art though.
Only a few quid more than the Zavvi.
Same image as the Blufans though in this case they thought it so good they used it twice as it's on the back too.
Don't know if this is flat or has 'bossing on either the image or the title like the Blufans.

(3) The CHINESE BLUFANS is the best by a mile but that was released two years ago in a limited print run of 2,000 with the result that the best price I've found is the equivalent of GBP 42, though 'Buy It Now' prices are typically around the GBP 55 - 60 level (which is several times more expensive than all of the others).
One good thing about these editions, if I'm not mistaken, is that once you remove the slipcovers with the Chinese print on them all print on the actual steelbooks are in English (?).

In conclusion, if I'd been offered a 'Face / Off' steelbook with the Blufans front and back artwork with embossing / debossing and a U.K. j-card I'd have been one of the first in the queue to buy it and I suspect it would be, by now 24 hours later, on its way to 'Sold out' status instead of in a situation where nobody has put their hands up and admitted buying it - people must have . . . surely ?
If you're looking for a cheaper alternative may I suggest the U.S. Steelbook?

As that disc is the best version of the film also. (UK is cut apparently-I don't own it) U.S. has best extras. Is uncut. And has DTS audio.

And the design is better than this abomination.