Face/Off (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 2, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 8, at 12 PM - UK time)
Price: £14.99

image-jpg.180224

Last edited:
Zavvi are the only ones selling the Face/Off Steelbook with this poop art so maybe they could have some say in the design, unless the artwork is so fugly Zavvi is the only retailer who would accept this junk, i think the person who designed the Steelbook for the X-men Days of Future Past Rogue Cut is related to the person who designed the artwork for this Face/Off Steelbook :LOL::rofl:
They have no say in the design. They most likely make the deal with the studio before the artwork is even announced. They have no shame in selling ugly steelbooks.

Very poor art for a great action film.
Had the art been ok they would have sold loads of them, doesn't make sense loosing all those sales, they should have done some research by asking the fans for some ideas.

I guess we shouldn't be so surprised that this is so poor. Buena Vista steelbooks are the worst.

Look at their track record:

The Rock, Con Air, Armaggeddon, Die Hard With A Vengeance....

All just awful.

Chances are this wont have any inside art either if past designs are anything to go on.

Can't believe that artwork for a great movie like this a total let down,do they really want us to spend our money on this type of product...

So glad I have the blu fans version! Which is still one of my favourite steels I own! I wouldn't take this version if It was given to me!

At least it's different when compared to all other releases on Blu-ray of this though would have worked better with the bullet in the frame like on that other steelbook, preferably embossed.
The designer has taken the title literally and given us 'Face / Off' with no face . . .
Clearly a different arrangement to a Tom Cruise film where he absolutely has to be on the front of stuff that he's in.
The question remains "Is this the worst U.K. steelbook so far since 'Sweeney Todd' in May, 2008 or at least one of the worst ten?"

Reactions: Steelselecta
At least it's different when compared to all other releases on Blu-ray of this though would have worked better with the bullet in the frame like on that other steelbook, preferably embossed.
The designer has taken the title literally and given us 'Face / Off' with no face . . .
Clearly a different arrangement to a Tom Cruise film where he absolutely has to be on the front of stuff that he's in.
The question remains "Is this the worst U.K. steelbook so far since 'Sweeney Todd' in May, 2008 or at least one of the worst ten?"
A close first place to Monsters Dark Continent IMO

I have the USA steelbook and that is the uncut version and also has the best extras of all the releases of this film on Blu-ray

I will wait till this is released and I see video/photos of the steelbook and a big price drop if I get this
I cant see this selling out and I expect to see this at a cheap price in a few months

Reactions: hansgruber
I have Sweeney Todd and I don't see anything wrong with it. For the very first UK Steelbook it still holds up Ok today. Full gloss finish and they reused it's colour inside artwork in the recent re-release.

There's no comparing it to this embarrassment.

One of the other first UK steelbooks, Wanted with Angeline Jolie was even more inferior to Sweeney Todd IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I have the USA steelbook and that is the uncut version and also has the best extras of all the releases of this film on Blu-ray

I will wait till this is released and I see video/photos of the steelbook and a big price drop if I get this
I cant see this selling out and I expect to see this at a cheap price in a few months
Even better. I have the Blufans steelbook with the U.S. disc in it and sold the Chinese disc!!

Ultimate Edition!! :)

Reactions: paulboland
I have Sweeney Todd and I don't see anything wrong with it. For the very first UK Steelbook it still holds up Ok today. Full gloss finish and they reused it's colour inside artwork in the recent re-release.

There's no comparing it to this embarrassment.

One of the other first UK steelbooks, Wanted with Angeline Jolie was even more inferior to Sweeney Todd IMO.

You misunderstood what I was trying to say.

I wasn't singling out 'Sweeney Todd' as a poor steelbook though looking back at what I wrote maybe I could have been clearer and put it slightly differently - "Is this the worst steelbook since the beginning of U.K. steelbooks?"
I also have nothing against 'ST' although I was disappointed at the new edition which I thought was going to be better with embossing on the blood and on the razor instead of on the title . . . sigh.

Regarding 'Face / Off' - I think it could have been a really good steelbook worthy of the blockbuster film that it was with the addition of a lenticular on the front with the shooter behind the glass and the bullet exiting.
Instead we get a flat image of breaking glass, no bullet and no characters (n)(n)(n)
Don't get it . . . sorry.