• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Kickstarter NOW LIVE
Price: TBA
Note: A fresh take on SteelBooks through crowdfunding, brought to you by the creators behind the renowned Kill Her Goats SteelBook.
Print Run: 4000 numbered copies.
SteelBook Finish: Individually numbered via laser etching from 1 to 4000. Custom emboss/deboss tooling on front/back of the SteelBook. Spot gloss and varnish on both sides. Custom PT cover with art reveal. SteelBook bullet hole "wound". Awesome Art by Mexifunk (has done art for John Wick, Marvel, Punisher). Fully Embossed Magnet 4'' x 5''. High Gloss Collectible Mini-Poster.

FogCity-A.jpgFogCity-B.jpg

**EARLY BIRD SPECIALS** You're our best and most loyal fans, so we want to give you a heads up that the lowest numbered SteelBooks 1 to 500 will have Early Bird Special prices and incentives for the first two days. We anticipate them going fast! The Kickstarter Campaign will start this Wednesday August the 23rd.

Fog City is an awesome finished feature film that we are very proud of. We love and support physical media, however we need your help to produce the SteelBook that Fog City deserves. Even if you don't collect SteelBooks, you'll be able to get an exclusive t-shirt and HD digital code combo and check out the RED BAND TRAILER which will be live on the Kickstarter page.

If interested I can host a small group buy; indicate in the poll if interested.

Last edited:
Shipping is $36 to Ireland lol

Pass as that would mean a total of $81 ($45+$36)

I will wait to see if this ends up as a trade wide release at a later stage

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Kill Her Goats got restocked at some point with different specs. Fog City apparently won't have a new print, so I wouldn't count on that smaller price...
I enjoy their viral marketing and innovative distribution and advertising models, directly towards the collectors. At the end of the day these are both (going to be) super cringy horror b movies with amateur acting and shoestring budgets. I'd much rather spend my limited funds on really good horror films in Steelbooks like "Talk to me" or at least higher budget films with excellent acting like "Black Phone" or "Smile", but to each their own....

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I enjoy their viral marketing and innovative distribution and advertising models, directly towards the collectors. At the end of the day these are both (going to be) super cringy horror b movies with amateur acting and shoestring budgets. I'd much rather spend my limited funds on really good horror films in Steelbooks like "Talk to me" or at least higher budget films with excellent acting like "Black Phone" or "Smile", but to each their own....
I get the appeal of getting a really nice Steelbook for a movie you loved. But I also appreciate smaller companies putting together nice products and I support movies that come out of the regular "system" (A24 is already included to the "system" at this pont).

I get the appeal of getting a really nice Steelbook for a movie you loved. But I also appreciate smaller companies putting together nice products and I support movies that come out of the regular "system" (A24 is already included to the "system" at this pont).
A24 just took over distribution for "Talk to me", they didn't produce it, but that is besides the point.
These 2 selfmade, selfpromoted releases are absolute turd$ in a really nice and fancy box. If that is enough for somebody to purchase it, fair enough.

A24 just took over distribution for "Talk to me", they didn't produce it, but that is besides the point.
These 2 selfmade, selfpromoted releases are absolute turd$ in a really nice and fancy box. If that is enough for somebody to purchase it, fair enough.
I both agree with your point and disagree with it. How i disagree- I previously was an independent filmmaker even shot & directed my own feature film (never released it since I had higher expectations but it was leagues better then Kill Her Goats) so taking notice an indie trying to make their film worthwhile by delivering a damn impressive steelbook sold me. How i agree- this film looks like it was shot in 2 weeks with a tiny ass budget, and isn't really impressing me even though the steelbook is pristine n very well thought out including the free bonuses. With that in mind, I'm gonna wait for a wide trade release of the steelbook at a lower price point. Then I'll Definitely get an order in to help them!

I know someone mentioned it won't get a restock, but I guarantee it will! KHG had 2 large restocks before being made available on both Walmart & Amazon websites to order

I can confirm that this release will not be restocked like kill her goats, also the shipping cost for pledges for number 0-100 has been reduced for international destinations.

And I'm sure they're all from the same print run of 4000.
Haha, now stop it that's just being mean. KHG steelbook was a huge talking point on both- Facebook (where their initials ads ran) & r/steelbooks that drew a large number of fans.

I saw a copy of KHG used on Ebay for like 10 bucks plus shipping. I'd be down for that for Fog City!!

The Kickstarter fully funded. So the steelbook is getting made, and they are offering a 2nd steelbook at a discount as a backer add-on.

So may make a Group buy more tangible now.

For those that believed, our collective enthusiasm and support have propelled this project beyond the goal! This means that everyone who joined in is officially going to get their hands on this amazing steelbook.

The allocation with the lower numbers is selling out quickly. If you've been eyeing a lower-numbered steelbook, now's the time to act.

1693543639086.png

Apparently the campaign was funded. Also, the SteelBooks project was funded on Kickstarter and they opened pre-orders in their site, they sold all the SteelBooks from #1-10.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 10.00.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 10.00.22 AM.png
    843.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Aniv