Friday The 13th Collection - 40th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition Box Set) (Scream Factory) [USA]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: October 13, 2020
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon - DiabolikDVD - WowHD
Price: $159.98 (Shout ) - $129.99 (Amazon) - $141.99 (DiabolikDVD) - €111.23 (WowHD)
Notes: Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 36" x 24" ROLLED LITHOGRAPH PLUS an EXCLUSIVE 24" x 36" ROLLED POSTER (limited to the first 7,000 orders)

Friday the 13th replacement disc program

See info below in spolier

On behalf of everyone at Scream Factory & Shout! Factory, we want to thank everyone who has purchased the Friday the 13th Blu-ray Collection (Deluxe Edition). We hope you are enjoying it. A lot of hard work went into it from many contributors and fans—us included. We think Jason would be pleased (for once!).
Unfortunately, there were some unintended mistakes in our process due to human error, for which we accept responsibility, and we extend to you our genuine apologies. We plan to correct those errors by offering replacements for three discs: Friday the 13th Part 3, Jason Goes to Hell (Uncut version) and Jason X.

How to request replacement discs:
If you would like to sign up to receive the three corrected discs at no cost to you, please go www.discshipment.com
and follow the instructions on the form. Replacement disc fulfillment will be handled by a third party. If you have any questions about the status of your replacement disc shipment once you have completed the form, please email: [email protected]. Shout! Factory customer service will not have any info on the status of your replacement disc order.
  • When filling out your form, please enter “Friday the 13th” in the “What Title Do You Need Replaced” section.
  • When filling out your form, you will need to upload a copy of your proof of purchase (photo or scan of receipt or digital receipt from online retailer).
Discs are expected to be shipped out in November 2020.
Corrected discs will be marked with “R1” on them. They will be shipped in a rigid cardboard mailer and each disc will be placed in individual sleeves to protect them further in transit.
Discs will be sent out globally to those wishing to redeem.

Affected Discs:
  • PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) – First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly.
  • PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL (Unrated Cut) – Missing “snapped wrist” gore in an uncut scene.
  • PART 10: JASON X: Missing audio during a scene in the film in which Jason kills camp counselors in a sleeping bag.
Thank you again and, as always, we appreciate your loyal support and patience.
October 15, 2020 in Uncategorized. Tags: friday the 13th

Fri13CollectDE_BR_PS_Slipcase_72dpi.png

Fri13Collect_BD_BeautyShots_WebExclu_72dpi.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What courier did they use
A good few customers in some European countries now having custums looking for Vat payment collection on WowHD orders even on single items shipped when value just over €22 since WowHD changed postal carrier a few months ago

I went with Amazon USA as I will have delivery likely next Thursday or Friday
I don't know. And I can't see how I could find it out...? I wasn't given a tracking number.

Which postal carrier did they change to? I received an item from them just this morning and it looked like it had come from the Netherlands.....?

I expect to get hit for customs though. I managed to order it for €106 shipped with a discount code!

I don't know. And I can't see how I could find it out...? I wasn't given a tracking number.

Which postal carrier did they change to? I received an item from them just this morning and it looked like it had come from the Netherlands.....?

I expect to get hit for customs though. I managed to order it for €106 shipped with a discount code!
Some WowHD parcels are shipped using DHL now it varies
Surprised you did not get tracking number considering price and been a box set.

WowHD parcels go from USA to Netherlands or Sweden and then shipped to customers address in Europe been like this a good while

Lot of customers based in Sweden/Belgium and some other Eu countries have been hit for customs on items just over value €22 in past month.

Previously it was mostly only high price items wowhd that got hit for Vat by customs

I cancelled my WowHD order as I expected would be hit for vat and an post handling fee

I would of only saved around €10 if I kept my WowHD order if that was hit for Vat by Customs

Amazon I will have delivery in 1-2 days after been shipped

WowHD would take longer to be delivered

If anything goes wrong Amazon be quicker to sort out a replacement if required and faster delivery so the extra £10 I don't mind

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Anyone been reading about issues with what's on certain discs and some having major scratches, have you canceled and wait till sorted. Its all over facebook and various other sites.
No need to cancel an order
The issues mostly is not about scratches that's only a small number of people who has discs scratches.

Scream Factory looking into issues in regards to missing audio and some scenes missing
It's 3 of the films in the box set that is affected.

One of the audio reports is not a error its just a misprint listing 5.1 on sleeve
That disc is meant to be 2.0 mono only so not an error

They will announce a replacement disc program at some stage

Scream Factory have provided replacement discs for international customers with previous replacement disc programs so it won't be an issue getting the discs once the discs are ready to be provided.

In regards to missing scenes and audio issues this needs to be looked into first so any replacement disc program will be a few months before that will happen

• Informative
Reactions: Masta Norris
No need to cancel an order
The issues mostly is not about scratches that's only a small number of people who has discs scratches.

Scream Factory looking into issues in regards to missing audio and some scenes missing
It's 3 of the films in the box set that is affected.

They will announce a replacement disc program at some stage

Scream Factory have provided replacement discs for international customers with previous replacement disc programs so it won't be an issue getting the discs once the discs are ready to be provided.
Ok that’s not so bad then as shout don’t sent there stuff overseas I thought they might not send replacements overseas either and amazon will not care they just keep sending same boxes all day long.

Ok that’s not so bad then as shout don’t sent there stuff overseas I thought they might not send replacements overseas either and amazon will not care they just keep sending same boxes all day long.
Previous replacement discs for Army of Darkness I got these from scream factory shipped direct to my address in rep of Ireland no issues all I had to do was provid scream factory proof of purchase of my amazon usa order.

As these issues in regards to audio and missing secens and also some issue with 3D of part 3
Scream will have to check these issues out first and then see if can be corrected

Any replacement disc program expect that to take a few months to be sorted
They will announce details if they decide on a replacement disc program and how to get the discs

Glad I opened this thread, wasn't aware of the issues! Purchased mine through Amazon, hopefully I won't miss out on the replacement program if it gets announced - I tend to not see these things. I only saw the Jaws booklet replacement thing when some random person retweeted it on Twitter...

Reactions: Billy Talent
What JAWS booklet replacement??? :OMG: On the 4K Limited release??
The Jaws UK 4K Steelbook release from Zavvi and UK HMV 4K Cine Edition

Did not affect USA 4K release of Jaws that booklet was ok

We Just wanted to let you know we have discovered the booklet within the recent Jaws exclusive edition has an error and some of the pages have been printed in the wrong order. From Universal Pictures UK - we apologise for the printing error on the booklet for the Jaws 4K Limited Edition. We are currently re-printing the booklet and if you would like a replacement copy please send an email to [email protected] with the subject ‘Jaws Replacement Booklet’.

Please include your full postal address and proof of purchase by the 31st August 2020 and we will send you a new booklet in the post.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

Y
The Jaws UK 4K Steelbook release from Zavvi and UK HMV 4K Cine Edition

Did not affect USA 4K release of Jaws that booklet was ok

We Just wanted to let you know we have discovered the booklet within the recent Jaws exclusive edition has an error and some of the pages have been printed in the wrong order. From Universal Pictures UK - we apologise for the printing error on the booklet for the Jaws 4K Limited Edition. We are currently re-printing the booklet and if you would like a replacement copy please send an email to [email protected] with the subject ‘Jaws Replacement Booklet’.

Please include your full postal address and proof of purchase by the 31st August 2020 and we will send you a new booklet in the post.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
Yep, this.
i didn't get an email from Zavvi on this, so I was lucky to see it appear on my Twitter timeline :/

Almost done with the set and Jason Goes to Hell (unrated) has been my favorite film. Disturbed the hell out of me when I was a teen and it still packs a punch! It has that great early 90s zany horror energy, really disturbing and bizarre murders and its such a breath of fresh air when you watch the films back to back. I guess this one gets alot of hate but I love it and glad they went for something different! That missing gore shot was heartbreaking though!

Reactions: BluSteel2012