Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
March 28th, 2015:
FUTURE SHOP CLOSING ALL THE STORES:
To answer few questions:
http://links.newsletter.futureshop....MTM0MTIzOTQyNzg5S0&j=NjQzNzE3NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0

And the FAQ:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/futureshop-bestbuy-faq.aspx?cmp=vrd-bbyquestions

If you want to know if your store is still open:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx?icmp=BBYStoreLocator_en_5

For ALL Future Shop release:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/35674/
futureshop.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Future Shop Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to Canada. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluraysteel
FS need to do seriously better on the quality control. Finally got round to opening my Spider-Man 2 steel to find it dented on the front badly and one of the corners not even folded round the plastic inner casing properly. Definitely didn't happen when being sent to me as @Drum18 packaging is bomb proof. Very poor show. :mad:

Hi there, I am a newbie here. Been collecting steelbooks for some time but never knew about this place. FS is doing a really nice release of Boyhood, does anybody know if there will be a group buy for this? As they don't ship to UK :( Or I can send you a UK release steel in return if a Canadian member is kind enough to help a fellow collector.

I ordered the GOTG steelbook from Future Shop on December 8th and it still hasn't arrived. Their customer service told me to call back after Christmas. They shipped it with Canada Post letter mail, meaning there is no tracking and my local stores are sold out. I don't want to reorder the bilingual packaging online because they are using the cheapest shipping option and it may not arrive either.

Now I have to wait 5 business days, meaning December 31st, before someone gets back to me or so they say....

Yet their website states free shipping within 1 day in my city.

Futureshop fail yet again! Drive Mondo arrived with a paint chip clearly visable even after looking at it for less than 3 seconds and very visable even with the shrink wrap on. It shouldn't have been allowed to have even gone from the warehouse. People might mock Zavvi but I have yet to receive one mint steel from FS since Thor 2. For something that was supposed to be a very special release the quality control is shocking. The art might be stunning but the finish has let it badly down with heavy marking on the back thats not even remotely mint worthy and paint chips on the front. Very very disappointed! :( This could have been my steelbook of the year but the more I look at it the more angry I get.

Futureshop fail yet again! Drive Mondo arrived with a paint chip clearly visable even after looking at it for less than 3 seconds and very visable even with the shrink wrap on. It shouldn't have been allowed to have even gone from the warehouse. People might mock Zavvi but I have yet to receive one mint steel from FS since Thor 2. For something that was supposed to be a very special release the quality control is shocking. The art might be stunning but the finish has let it badly down with heavy marking on the back thats not even remotely mint worthy and paint chips on the front. Very very disappointed! :( This could have been my steelbook of the year but the more I look at it the more angry I get.
They need to do more than just a box and a single sheet of brown paper crumpled up.

Be aware of ordering Steelbooks from Future Shop for the moment as I have had multiple orders in the last couple of months & all have come in a cardboard mailer envelope & the worst is 5 Harry Potter Steelbooks I just ordered last week & they all came together in a crappy thin bubble wrap envelope & 4 of the 5 have Steelbooks have damage.

Even though shipping cost is the same for shipping in a box as a bubble mailer, they opted for the bubble mailer & very not impressed. The worst part is there is no more online to replace the ones that came damaged. So waiting to hear from FS but sure they'll do nothing as their customer service has been lacking to say the least too.

The procedure is the usual, just print off my receipt & bring them back to my local store for refund. I never got anything about them trying to find me replacements or where I can find them or anything. They also never said anything about the shipping problems & never got an apology, just a thanks for contacting them.

Does anybody could tell me how it will cost to ship 1 or 2 steel to France ( lower cost ) ? Thanks
Depends... if you're serious collector, you'll want a box...
International Ground: (4-6 business WEEKS)
1: 11$
2-3: 18$
4-5: 21$
6-7: 25$
International Air: (6-10 business days) MOST CHOSEN WAY
1: 19$
2-3: 37$
4-5: 47$
6-7: 56$
International Tracked Packet: (7 business days WITH TRACKING)
1: 45$
2-3: 60$
4-5: 66$
6-7: 74$

Another sad news :(
Future Shop Closing Stores in Gloucester and Kingston

Posted on January 28, 2015
The Gloucester Future Shop near Silver City will close its doors tomorrow after the chain decided not to renew the store lease. The company says all employees will get hiring priority at other Future Shop or Best Buy locations.Future Shop also announcing they will also not renew the lease on its Kingston location.

That's GREAT, but unfortunately and sadly, Future Shop Canada DOES NOT ship outside of Canada, which is like really lame as the buyer would pay the cost so don't quite get their issue.
Futureshop is a pretty big company is Canada. Unfortunately, steelbooks aren't their biggest concern at the moment. It's one of the reasons why there are no international shipping.

That's GREAT, but unfortunately and sadly, Future Shop Canada DOES NOT ship outside of Canada, which is like really lame as the buyer would pay the cost so don't quite get their issue.
Probably the same reason 90+% of all major US retailers don't ship to Canada/internationally...