Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: 26 October, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £15.99 17.99 (Zavvi) - £16.99 22.99 (Amazon)

91G5RiD46qL._SX466_.jpg

- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Making of Game of Thrones
- Character Profiles
- Creating the Dothraki Language
- Inside the Night's Watch
- From the Book to the Screen
- Histories
- Creating the Show Open
- Cast Audition Tapes
- Anatomy of Episode 6 "A Golden Crown"
- Guide to Westeros
- 7 Audio Commentaries

Can someone who has received their copy, please advise as to whether those ugly UK/Irish ratings symbols are printed on the sleeve or are removable stickers?

Printed unfortunately.

But it's only the plastic it's on.

Better not get them on zavvis mondo series (or at least a sticker)

Last edited:
Reactions: augustus
Printed unfortunately.

But I suppose it's only the plastic it's on.

Better not get them on zavvis mondo series (or at least a sticker)

That's what I feared. I don't know why they have to put these symbols on the front and sides since they detract so much from the artwork. Having them on the rear should be sufficient. It's also not solely a UK thing, since those on Australian and German releases are even more obtrusive. How some here can actually like having the ratings symbols plastered over everything is beyond me. Not only are they ugly but they also represent the fact that everything we view is censored, but that's another story.

That's what I feared. I don't know why they have to put these symbols on the front and sides since they detract so much from the artwork. Having them on the rear should be sufficient. It's also not solely a UK thing, since those on Australian and German releases are even more obtrusive. How some here can actually like having the ratings symbols plastered over everything is beyond me. Not only are they ugly but they also represent the fact that everything we view is censored, but that's another story.
It's a legal requirement as per the 1984 & 2010 Video Recordings Acts for the age ratings certificate to be present on any disks and packaging, so they have to put it on.
I doubt anyone likes having them plastered on and at least they're only on the outer packaging. Could be worse.

I don't think you can go wrong at that price, especially if you love the series and don't already have them. However, I've felt that when recently watching GoT, it seems too much of a soap drama, so I'm glad I passed on these as I wouldn't buy the rest of the seasons

It's a legal requirement as per the 1984 & 2010 Video Recordings Acts for the age ratings certificate to be present on any disks and packaging, so they have to put it on.

I'm well aware of what the law is regarding the placing of age ratings on video products in the UK. However, with collectible packaging, that can and should be done with removable stickers, so that the artwork is not permanently marred, as is the case here.

These 'GOT' releases are from Warner who have frequently used removable ratings stickers on their UK Steelbook releases. There's no reason why they couldn't have done so here.

Had they done so, they would have both complied with the law and also respected the aesthetics of the artwork. The sleeve is transparent for a reason.

I doubt anyone likes having them plastered on and at least they're only on the outer packaging. Could be worse.

You would think so but surprisingly, that is clearly not the case. Check the threads for the UK releases of the "Back to the Future" Trilogy, the "Reservoir Dogs" Mondo and various other new UK releases, where there have been interminable exchanges as to the perceived differences between the UK and European editions, and you will find at least two members who have stated categorically that they like having the UK age ratings printed on the various slips, etc. Makes them more collectible, apparently. I'm not going to directly quote those posts here, as I've no desire to see that endless tit-for-tat exchange resurrected in this thread, but they're clearly there for all to see.

I stand by what I have written. With removable stickers, it's possible to uphold the law as well as respect the intentions of the artist.

Reactions: earthscope
I will most likely pick up the German releases of these as they usually have removable age rating stickers
They did with True Detective SlipCover

Its will just be a matter of the price if I get the UK or German versions
If the German versions drop in price a bit

As this don't have UV Digital Copies the German Versions might be better option for some

You let your Children touch your Steelbooks? You're a brave man. :LOL:

Well I'm not overly precious about the disney steelbooks, they know what's theirs and what's their dads ! In time they'll no doubt be at the stage where I can sit down with them and introduce the rest of my collection, by then we'll have some rules !!