Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: 26 October, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £15.99 17.99 (Zavvi) - £16.99 22.99 (Amazon)

91G5RiD46qL._SX466_.jpg

- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Making of Game of Thrones
- Character Profiles
- Creating the Dothraki Language
- Inside the Night's Watch
- From the Book to the Screen
- Histories
- Creating the Show Open
- Cast Audition Tapes
- Anatomy of Episode 6 "A Golden Crown"
- Guide to Westeros
- 7 Audio Commentaries

All you UK guys who got these today; who delivered them? I ordered mine months ago with the £10 off and free delivery, but haven't even had a shipping notice yet (card charged, though).

Amazon logistics delivered mine yesterday as they have with a few steelbook orders from them.
That's their own courier service that usually deliver on Sundays,most come through Royal mail during the week.

and if the German
I will most likely pick up the German releases of these as they usually have removable age rating stickers
They did with True Detective SlipCover

Its will just be a matter of the price if I get the UK or German versions
If the German versions drop in price a bit

As this don't have UV Digital Copies the German Versions might be better option for some
and if the German ones are unrated!

Just picked season 1 & 2 up from the office. Really nice releases IMO. Good looking Steelbooks and the Sigils are pretty cool too.

The Dolby Atmos track isn't the default FYI, so anyone wanting to use it will need to make sure to select it from the Audio menu.

• Informative
Reactions: tono06
So i get a dispatch e-mail last night....it was delivered this morning by Amazon Logistics...Season 2 is still waiting to be dispatched even though i ordered both at the same time!!! WTF Amazon!!!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Wow and wow!

These are really special in my eyes, recieved the yesterday and I think they are stunning!!! Can't wait for the other seasons to be released!!

Received my replacement for series one today, magnet is much better than the other one and at a pinch will stay in place on the vertical. like many others though I won't be taking them out of the box , look way too cool when they're in it.

Okay then , first impressions , nice package , discs are stacked, slightly debossed steelbook , it's Matt finish.
The magnet is too weak to stay on the steelbook when it's vertical , just slides off . Bit of a showstopper for some and crap quality control , nice idea but oh so poorly executed.
It's just a tiny magnet on the back, presumably so they could have room for "home box office and Made in China "
I may send them back
i have the same problem with the magnet, it wont stay, but the second season no problem, it kind of bugs me

i have the same problem with the magnet, it wont stay, but the second season no problem, it kind of bugs me

Bugs me too but they're a great looking set in the boxes . I love the show ,don't have it on blu ray so I'm keeping them, a bit more attention to detail and they'd be a complete knockout .

Bugs me too but they're a great looking set in the boxes . I love the show ,don't have it on blu ray so I'm keeping them, a bit more attention to detail and they'd be a complete knockout .

I requested a replacement from Amazon for season 1 last week and received it within 2-3 days. They also sent me a free return slip for the original one, if you're not happy I suggest replacing it, which I see tono06 has now done!

I requested a replacement from Amazon for season 1 last week and received it within 2-3 days. They also sent me a free return slip for the original one, if you're not happy I suggest replacing it, which I see tono06 has now done!

So the magnet on your replacement is holding better than the one you returned?

hey guys cause Amazon US packaging sucks, I may order from Amazon US instead but would like to know if the UK discs identical to US ones? and also are the steelbook arts, slipcovers, disc-art different? big thanks in advance guys :thumbs:

hey guys cause Amazon US packaging sucks, I may order from Amazon US instead but would like to know if the UK discs identical to US ones? and also are the steelbook arts, slipcovers, disc-art different? big thanks in advance guys :thumbs:

Are you bothered by the UK and Irish ratings symbols? They're quite obtrusive on the UK releases since they've been printed on the front of the transparent sleeve, which tends to detract from the Steelbook's artwork. Warner should have used removable stickers since the sleeve is transparent for a reason. The printed ratings symbols are also present on the sides, as well as the rear of the sleeve.

This was a game changer for me since the sleeve is designed to hold the magnet in place, as well as allow one to view the artwork of the Steelbook without having to remove it from the sleeve. I ended up returning my copies to Amazon.

Reactions: goufcustom
The UK disks have the same content. Steelbook art is the same, slipcovers have UK/Ireland age rating logos.
Disk art seems to be the same, but again have age rating logos along with a few other logos, plus they say 'for rental or resale' in a yellow box towards the bottom of the disks too.

You can see pictures of the slipcovers/steelbooks/disks here and in the post below.

Reactions: goufcustom