Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: 26 October, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £15.99 17.99 (Zavvi) - £16.99 22.99 (Amazon)

91G5RiD46qL._SX466_.jpg

- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Making of Game of Thrones
- Character Profiles
- Creating the Dothraki Language
- Inside the Night's Watch
- From the Book to the Screen
- Histories
- Creating the Show Open
- Cast Audition Tapes
- Anatomy of Episode 6 "A Golden Crown"
- Guide to Westeros
- 7 Audio Commentaries

The Op prices are meant to be stay at the original retail price upto release date

The price drops after release date and that happens a lot with most releases but the reason why the OP prices remain at the original price is to see what the price was at release date.

paul i say this once you don't half talk a load of rubbish, what you mean is it hasnt been updated.
for once in you life stop trying to be right all the time its not cool its annoying.
sometimes admitting your wrong shows your fallible as the rest of us, instead of trying to be condescending as you come across.

but now you know. do with it what you will but it is the truth.
peace

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:
paul i say this once you don't half talk a load of rubbish, what you mean is it hasnt been updated.
for once in you life stop trying to be right all the time its not cool its annoying.
sometimes admitting your wrong shows your fallible as the rest of us, instead of trying to be condescending as you come across.
There where quite alot of us that raised eyebrows when they appointed you a mod and still think the same now.
but now you know. do with it what you will but it is the truth.
peace

@Basil
Digitalbabe already posted on a few occasions in other threads the OP price is to show the original price it only gets changed if the price drops before release date.

Any later price drops after release date is then listed in the thread or the price/drop thread but the reason for the OP stays showing the original price is to let members know what the original price was for comparison to price increases or reductions after release date.

The purpose of keeping the OP price at the release date price is very useful to collectors who want to know the original price.

no paul its not the full policy at all i report price changes all the time they just get changed 2 did last week for me the orignal is gone so on this occasion your wrong, your just repeating what you read once does not mean it happens all the time and is right.

Last edited:
BOTH prices are too much for me to warrent Double Dipping . Especially since they have deviated so far from the books.

Personally think the only price shown should be the current one. Click that it tells you the so called saveing anyway on site .

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
Please drop to £9.99 and I'm so in...
Go on...Go on...Go on...
I'm waiting on Zavvi to do just that :rofl:
Amazon don't do that much of price drops after release date they had this at the Oct 2015 release date price of £22.99 for most of the time and price even increased for a short period and only stayed dropped to £16.99 in Feb 2016
I find Amazon are not the best for regular decent price drops compared to Zavvi

Zavvi started off at £16.99 after it was no longer a amazon exclusive so hopefully if they have a lot of stock they will drop the price to £12.99 or £9.99 at some stage if it's not selling well

Reactions: Flash
GBP 14.99 at the time of writing. . . which is going in the right direction . . . but colour me surprised if this gets below GBP 12.99 (unless there are literally many thousands of these).

That is cheapest of all sources even after including shipping. Quite a steal, probably lots left over from other countries?
It would be the UK stock only because the UK ratings logos are on the slip and are not removable
Other countries releases the Clear Slip is different

Price might drop more it's possible but it might also go like season 2 price go up and be only available from third party sellers or Zavvi
Note
Season 2 is sold out at amazon and only available from third party sellers with lowest price been £38.95 but is till available from Zavvi at £16.99

I'm just waiting to see if Zavvi drop the price even more on both seasons but that will depend on how much stock they have left and if not selling well

Reactions: ash333
I decided to finally buy season 1 as I think £15 is a fair price for this. Season 2 may come back in stock at amazon at some point so worth keeping an eye on it.

they clearly had a lot of these and couldn't shift them and now are competing with Zavvi over price. Just go to £9.99 and that will be that...

Received series 1 & 2 this morning. Nice steelbooks and I'm quite happy at the price. Not bothered about the rating logo's on the slips as they went straight into the bin. The steelbooks are now housed in some steel shells which are my preferred way of protecting steelbooks.

The magnets have ended up on the fridge. Really they are just a bit of cheap tat and I would have happily purchased the steelbooks without them. Unless you are actually displaying the steels then they are pretty much impractical for storing whilst attached to the steel.

Best price so far on these (I think) is at the moment at Zavvi - GBP 14.39 each (GBP 15.99 with GOT10 10% off code) making a grand total of GBP 28.78 for both - about the price of one of these from Amazon at the time of writing.
In my basket but not entirely convinced I want to go all the way - feel there's a bit more to go on the downside and still hoping for GBP 12.99 . . .

Last edited: