General Slipcover Discussion

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
NOTICE [April 3rd, 2018]:
Changing the title and idea behind this thread to General Slipcover Discussion (formerly Favorite Slipcover You Have & Rare Slip Discussion). Please, feel free to still share your favorite slipcovers, but rather than start a brand-new thread, I'm just going amalgamate the idea with this existing thread.

Thanks!

- Tridon

----------------------------------------------------------

What slip cover do you have that's your favorite? Or even one that's rare?

slip1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, thanks.

Anymore ones I should watch for that could be rare, and are rare? Some that are worth it.

You also have to remember that a lot of the rare ones have been out for a while, the ones that are released recently haven't had time to get to that rare status. A good thing to go by is store exclusives tend to be more sought after than the regular slips. For example the red target exclusive black swan cover is a lot more rare than the standard white one still found in a lot of stores. Dracula is so rare because of the short time frame in which it was available. I'm not sure how many copies are floating around mint but I would guess not too many. Also remember that sometimes a slip may not necessarily be " valuable" in the sense that it's worth a fortune but it may be something you really like and want for your collection. I think that's what makes a slip more valuable to a collector. Me for instance, I would trade or pay more for a hard to find Harry potter slip than someone who didn't care for Harry potter too much. Wreck would probably pay a bit more for an inglorious basterds slip if he didn't have it than someone who doesn't care for that movie. :D

Welcome to the forums by the way there are plenty of good people here who will help out. I can vouch for deuce we trade almost weekly and have never had any issues, he's a good guy. I have acquired a lot of rare slipcovers from him.

Reactions: o0 Deuce 0o
Are you serious ?

Babel is worth $75 +
Dreamgirls $200+

And I remember the day I walked in Best Buy and saw around 15 Babels ... :( Picked it up and everything, this was before I cared abotu collecting any slips. I remember saying, cool slip ... crap movie. And put it back.

Now I'll drop $60 on it. ;)

Rare UK Slips,

Curious Case of Benjamin Button (HMV
Taken
Coraline (HMV)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (HMV)
Man on Fire
Batman Begins (HMV)
District 9 (Sainsbury's)

Last edited:
Rare UK Slips,

Curious Case of Benjamin Button (HMV
Taken
Coraline (HMV)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (HMV)
Man on Fire
Batman Begins (HMV)
District 9 (Sainsbury's)

jimmy,don't forget moon & jennifers body (with bumps)

seen them go for silly money.

Reactions: jimmy
Here is the top 10 Rarest slipcovers.

Tangled
Your Highness
Paul
When In Rome
Step Up 3
Little Fockers
The Blind Side
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen
G.I. Joe