Gladiator (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult #20) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 8, 2024
Purchase links: Titan Edition Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Supreme Edition Amazon UK (Pre-order live on Thursday August 10)
Price: £49.99 (Titan Edition) - £100.00 (Supreme Edition)

Gladiator Titans Edition.jpgF3KLinRWwAAktKq.jpeg

81o-Q2qYNbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71ts50ztlNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71vZJjcogiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg51+R55pEFTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71Bfs+spd8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71ey88D1LpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

366299866_10160803398651718_7038014868924315927_n.jpeg366306524_10160803692561718_1407507922234867499_n.jpeg

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday (Titan edition). Managed to carefully peel the Info sheet of the back and roll the glue dots off the cover without any damage but yeah, be careful folks!

Overall I'm happy enough with it. Genuinely really like the design and emboss work on the steel and the olde papyrus like design of the art and spot gloss 'invisible Ink' like quotes. Agree with JinxyKatte on the * ahem * shiny helmet on the front though. It looks weirdly out of place with the rest of the design

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Got mine yesterday (Titan edition). Managed to carefully peel the Info sheet of the back and roll the glue dots off the cover without any damage but yeah, be careful folks!

Overall I'm happy enough with it. Genuinely really like the design and emboss work on the steel and the olde papyrus like design of the art and spot gloss 'invisible Ink' like quotes. Agree with JinxyKatte on the * ahem * shiny helmet on the front though. It looks weirdly out of place with the rest of the design
It has a really weird texture right.

Reactions: Lord Vader
See if they had the same thing going as everythingblu I would have happily dropped £100 on it. Steelbook/collecrors/deluxe. With rhe deluxe having the collectors in it. It would have been an easy buy. But the £50 one is just nicer on a shelf and the £100 is weird, and thin, too tall and lacks the fullslip. It's a ******* bizarre decision to do it like they did. And no way was I dropping £150 to get both.

That metal poster looks nice, seems to be made by the same company as steelbooks, so it's likely quality, better than those generic Chinese tins on Amazon from some basement.
If those 3 large cardboards weren't wasted on some ugly useless sketches no one wants to look twice at flipping through a 50 page booklet, but rather had alternate posters on them, or large portraits of actors (imagine one of them being with beautiful Connie Nielsen), that one could display or even frame as well, then I'd have bought that set. Vault has made it better, using the larger space of the box for such bigger actor photos at least.

My copy from amazon uk arrived a few days back, one corner slighly dinged, still thinking if I should keep it or not, f*ing annoying as hell.

Hasn't this release gone well (for them) it seems to have sold well.
I get the sense it hasn't. Lots of restocks/returns across Europe on two sets of stock. Maybe higher production costs as well, almost certainly I'd imagine. Higher consumer retail prices. Over 12 months to release Gladiator after The Thing. Lackluster reception to these new units. Etc. Etc.
Again. I'm just speculating.

I get the sense it hasn't. Lots of restocks/returns across Europe on two sets of stock. Maybe higher production costs as well, almost certainly I'd imagine. Higher consumer retail cost. Over 12 months to release Gladiator after The Thing. Lackluster reception to these new units. Etc. Etc.
Again. I'm just speculating.

Yea fair comment pal. I like the new release for the most part. Could do with being a few quid cheaper though. I'm excited to see what film they would do next... If any.

Reactions: TheWildEye
I'm excited to see what film they would do next... If any.
If they're going to keep releasing stuff everyone already has, especially overlapping with The Vault series, then it's definitely going to diminish their sales.
Also still can't approve that £50 difference for what Chinese sell for $10 - sure Scanavo's is probably better, but not 6 times better.

If they're going to keep releasing stuff everyone already has, especially overlapping with The Vault series, then it's definitely going to diminish their sales.
Also still can't approve that £50 difference for what Chinese sell for $10 - sure Scanavo's is probably better, but not 6 times better.
I really wish they would have done this release like everything blue. I would have happily dropped 100 quid on this if the big one came with the smaller one too and only 1 Steelbook. It just makes more sense. Double dipping on this was just too ******* much imo. 150 quid. **** that.