Gold Academy Award Slip Covers

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
For the longest these have been hit and miss in my stores. They also have a good amount of interest in slip cover collectors.

So.... This thread is for those looking for Gold Academy Awards and for those to report which ones are available in their area to assist others.

I got lucky and today scored the Inglourious Basterds :oohyeah: last one at one my stores.

Right now I can get my hands on only Training Day & Cinderella Man if anyone is looking for them.

UPDATE: Since this thread has quite a bit of discussion, I'm adding the master list to this Original Post.

MASTER LIST:

Amadeus
American Gangster
An American In Paris
Apollo 13
Atonement Purchase Here.
ShoppingCart1.png

Babel
Blind Side, The Purchase Here.
ShoppingCart1.png

Brokeback Mountain
Casablanca
Changeling
Cinderella Man
Coraline
Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, The
Departed, The
Dreamgirls
Duchess, The
Eastern Promises
Frost/Nixon
Ghost
Gigi
Gone With The Wind Purchase Here.
ShoppingCart1.png

How The West Was Won
Hustle & Flow
L.A. Confidential Purchase Here
ShoppingCart1.png

March Of The Penguins
Matrix, The Purchase Here.
ShoppingCart1.png

Milk
Million Dollar Baby
Out of Africa (BD/DVD Flipper Disc)
Pan's Labyrinth
Pride And Prejudice Purchase Here.
ShoppingCart1.png

Ray
Seabiscuit
There Will Be Blood Purchase Here.
ShoppingCart1.png

Top Gun
Training Day
Unforgiven
Untouchables, The
Wizard Of Oz Purchase Here.
ShoppingCart1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we'll get to see more upcoming releases with gold slipcovers in a few weeks or so. I want to see what Uni has to offer for their 2012 gold slipcovers.

Lionsgate News

On Jan 31st the blu-ray debut of Shakespeare in Love($14.99), The English Patient($19.99), and Cold Mountain ($14.99) as well as the release of best picture collection featuring best picture winners Shakespeare In Love, The English Patient, Chicago, No Country..., and Crash on blu-ray ($59.99)

The five films combined have 19 Academy Award wins.

What does this mean? Nothing .. Just saying that there is a chance that Lionsgate may get in on the action ......... or not.

As for Paramount maybe Al was right and we might see on for Wings - The first picture to ever win a Best Picture award is the last to get a release on disc! Wings ... I dont feel like typing everything, but with the amount of money they put into restoring this and getting it up to snuff .. who knows, might be hope for a special release for this one. They hired Oscar winning sound designer Ben Burtt (Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark) and Sky-walker Sound engineers to add sound effects for this release.

That would be cool if those upcoming Lionsgate titles get the gold slipcover treatment. So far for 2012, WB will have two gold slips and nothing from Uni and Paramount :( I'm hoping Wings does get a gold slip.

That would be cool if those upcoming Lionsgate titles get the gold slipcover treatment. So far for 2012, WB will have two gold slips and nothing from Uni and Paramount :( I'm hoping Wings does get a gold slip.

There's 4 already for WB ... not 2.

View my post a few up.

3 show the gold slip, and while All the President's Men doesnt show it ... it clearly states oscar o-sleeve

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

that one might be a typo tho...

Oops!! I meant three. All The President's Men and The Green Mile may not get gold slipcovers. Have not seen any mock ups with the gold slip for those two titles. And since they were first released as digibooks, WB will now release them with blu-ray cases.

true about all the presidents ... however, green mile has had a plastic amaray out for some time ... why re-release that ... so it should be interesting!

Really?? I thought this will be Green Mile's first time as regular bd case release. I guess I was thinking of another title. So there is hope that The Green Mile will get a gold slip then. Crossing my fingers for that since I don't have it on blu yet. :D

I've seen both green mile editons at my local store.

on a side note, I noticed that my best buy now has golden compass in stock with slip ... lots of them. Thing is, its not embossed slip ... so im guessing that got reprinted.

Yeah my Best Buys recently got a sh!t load of The Golden Compass with slipcovers (flat version). No embossed version though. I'm pretty sure those are OOP.

those ones are all very easy to obtain. Many of those can even still be bought on wbshop.

is inlglourious basterds gold slip rare just found one should i buy whats it worth can anyone also tell me which i should keep an eye on as my local frys have once i a while gold slips some are damaged but ahh

Last edited:
IB isnt rare either.

these are the ones that are rare - while some worth above retail, others worth a lot more. Just depends.

Babel
Brokeback Mountain
Changeling
Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, The
Dreamgirls
Duchess, The
Hustle & Flow
Frost/Nixon
Ghost
Milk
Untouchables
Top Gun
Out of Africa

Reactions: spice1dank
Anybody site any of the new Golds in the wild yet? I forgot that the SKU's are in my phone and I was going to ask my local BB if they got the blu's in yet. If I do see them I'll be sure to take some pics.

So we have 5 new Gold's from WB this year correct?

Anybody site any of the new Golds in the wild yet? I forgot that the SKU's are in my phone and I was going to ask my local BB if they got the blu's in yet. If I do see them I'll be sure to take some pics.

So we have 5 new Gold's from WB this year correct?

I hope we get more, and just some not announced.

I ordered 3 or 4 cant remember right now off of wbshop - the cool hand luke one acted like it was already out, if it ships and I get it early I'll take pics.

Hope they come through with the sierra madre goldie ... kidna odd cause I seen they got the regular amaray already out, and then they got the amaray with slip already out. So they are gonna release more but with gold slip? ... I guess ....

Man dang it, I don't have the funds to order from WB.shop right now and I don't want to miss out. :)

I remember what a pain it was trying to find all the ones I had to last year. Between mutli state visits and online orders and trades it wasn't fun at all, lol.