Release date : Oct 14, 2016

weight : 350g

*Technical Information*

Genre : Drama, Romance

Directors : Wolfgang Becker

Actors : Daniel Brühl, Katrin Saß, Chulpan Khamatova

Aspect Ratio & Format : 1.85:1 / 1080P FullHD

Audio : German DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitles : Korean, English, German, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)

Rating : 15

Region Code : All

Run Time : 121 mins

*Special Feature *

- Deleted Scenes (22 : 51)

- Visual Effects Featurette (20 : 33)

- Making Film (09 : 36)

- Uncut "Aktuelle Kamera" Broadcasts (07 : 53)

- About DDR (18 : 45)

- Music Video (03 : 57)

- Theatrical Trailer (02 : 10)

- Teaser (00 : 51)

Last edited by a moderator:
End of the year is literally trying to steal every last penny from us all. I can't seem to recall any other year this stacked with top releases. Maybe I'm just finally getting everything I want... all at once. And I can't afford it. :rofl::dunno:

Got my copy today, but was in a hurry, so please excuse the blurry pictures:

gbl1.jpg gbl2.jpg gbl4.jpg

Some nice embossing on the spine, the front, and the back:

gbl3.jpg gbl5.jpg gbl6.jpg

Below you can see the slipbox next to the German standard Blu-Ray release:

gbl8.jpg gbl7.jpg

The colors are a little underwhelming, but I think I know what they were aiming for. I wished it were more like in the preview picture, though.

Still, I'm so glad they did this. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. I never would have imagined it would be getting any kind of premium treatment
- unless my dream company is up and running. ;)
It would be so great if they also did Das Leben der Anderen, i.e.: The Life of Others (which won the Academy Award for best foreign language movie in 2006). :drool:

Cheers

Last edited:
I finally opened this package last night and since @WhiskeyInTheJar's pics are gone, I figured I uploaded a new batch of photos.

You know Germany isn't particularly known for the output of its creative industry. Every once and then, however, a truely remarkable film is produced here, too. The release of Good Bye, Lenin! in 2003 was one of those rare occasions. It tells a beautiful story of compassion, yet it's also dealing with loss, not only just on a personal but also on a much larger level. It's set against one of the most important and interesting events in contemporary German (and world) history, but it never fails to keep its focus on the individual experiences people were having when the Berlin Wall crumbled and a state many believed in simply ceased to exist. It stays clear of clichés about the GDR and its people, but it's not sugarcoating the repressiveness and ineffectiveness of the system. The actors do such a fine job, and it's a joy to witness them develop their characters throughout the film. You laugh with them (there's a good portion of humor), but more often you will most likely feel their despair and heartbreak. This is brilliant acting in the first place, but credit must too go out to the wonderful Yann Tiersen who wrote the most beautiful soundtrack. His music supports the movie so amazingly well, yet you can also enjoy it on its own.
The movie holds a very special place in my heart and belongs to my personal all-time favorites.

Unboxing (1/2)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
04.jpg 05.jpg
06.jpg 07.jpg

The Plain Edition is lovely. In fact, I like it even better than the first release. Here're some pics:

gbl1.jpg

gbl3.jpg gbl4.jpg
gbl5.jpg

gbl6.jpg

gbl7.jpg gbl8.jpg
gbl9.jpg

gbl10.jpg gbl11.jpg

The only real let-down is that they didn't change the interior print.

Reactions: famagosta