RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Pre-order

Release date is December 2,2011

Looks the same as the rest.

51tkbDVaZbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not clear if the art is changing, but as of 11/2 the pic is this (thanks axcraig):

515LoLtZJPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
because when you hear about the price dropping, it's almost too late.
Plus amazon.de uses to call it's releases "limited" and you just jump on them because you want one.
But I agree with you. It's not fair.

I'm never ever gonna pre-order a steelbook @ amazon.de again if the price is above 20€.

Just add it to your wishlist and check once in a while (if possible, each day) if its price is below a certain level. If so: Buy! Should work almost anytime.

It's sad to see that most of my Steelies are now on sale for about 9,97€. I could have saved a lot of money if I would have waited till now...

e: Some months ago I realized that f.e. Shooter, Hancock and War of the Worlds were not available anymore. About two weeks ago they were in stock again for about 14/15 €, I ordered them for sure. Some days later the prices got even lower. So, even if a title is out of stock for quite a while, there's still a good posibility that it will be sold again in the future, probably for half the price.

ee: I was angry about Warner Europe for a long time, because they're printing the FSK-Stickers onto their steelies 'n ****. But in fact, when I look back, they're doing it right. At least I got some kind of an "exclusive feature" if I pre-order a Warner title, as its re-release gets a crappy print-on that I do not have on my steelie.. whatever, sad story.

Last edited:
I'm never ever gonna pre-order a steelbook @ amazon.de again if the price is above 20€.

Just add it to your wishlist and check once in a while (if possible, each day) if its price is below a certain level. If so: Buy! Should work almost anytime.

It's sad to see that most of my Steelies are now on sale for about 9,97€. I could have saved a lot of money if I would have waited till now...

e: Some months ago I realized that f.e. Shooter, Hancock and War of the Worlds were not available anymore. About two weeks ago they were in stock again for about 14/15 €, I ordered them for sure. Some days later the prices got even lower. So, even if a title is out of stock for quite a while, there's still a good posibility that it will be sold again in the future, probably for half the price.

ee: I was angry about Warner Europe for a long time, because they're printing the FSK-Stickers onto their steelies 'n ****. But in fact, when I look back, they're doing it right. At least I got some kind of an "exclusive feature" if I pre-order a Warner title, as its re-release gets a crappy print-on that I do not have on my steelie.. whatever, sad story.
Totally agree with you on this, Amazon.de is well known for infinite re-releases & re-issues of their so called limited SteelbookS, I have not preordered anything from them since Sucker Punch which if I'm not mistaken is OOS/P!

Having said that I recently added Kill Bill 1/2 & Sin City Steels to my basket as their prices were decent and even got further down few weeks after so I would like to think I got a good deal on both, well time only will tell :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

However I'm glad I opted for FS release for GL instead of both this & the ugly triple play banner from play.com which I sold instantly elsewhere ;)

Really hate to order sb at amazon.de sometimes, infinite re-release with significantly dropping the price..... sudden out of stock but sudden unlimited stock..... always out of expectation.....