The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the glue was insane you almost need goo be gone to get if off and I am covered in glitter today it didn't go well.

I really like the look of this steelbook (especially the title on the front), but personally, I prefer the inside art of the overseas versions over this version. I think it's because I like character art on the inside.

Yes the glue was insane you almost need goo be gone to get if off and I am covered in glitter today it didn't go well.
Glitter??? You sound like I did a few years ago. Do you work at a crafts store?

Have yet to see this but heard nothing but good things and the steelbook looks awesome, so I figured I'd get there at open to try and snag one.

I got there about 10:10, no more than 10 minutes after they opened and there were none left on any of the displays. Asked a sales guy and he said they had 15 copies and they were all gone within two minutes. Noticed/heard a lot of people that were looking for it as well and they didn't seem to happy. I went over to another small group that was talking to an associate about it when the manager came up asking us what we needed. Obviously all of us were inquiring about the steelbook and he walked all five or so of us up to the front where he had about 15 copies sitting behind the shelf on the little table right as you pass through the door. So, if you're heading out soon or after work and your store is out, check there. The dude was so nice about it and I had to personally thank him. He of course said they keep some there because of all the resellers.

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
This isn't particularly directed to anyone on this thread, just a general statement; but I love how the reveal of this Steelbook was like the beginning of the apocalypse because it was supposedly so horrid and irredeemable that retailers would be lucky to sell it above 9.99 and yet now a lot of collectors are having to scramble to secure a copy. This is an awesome Steelbook. It was awesome when they revealed it and it's just as great in-hand. The glue is a bit excessive, though.

Got my two copies that I pre-ordered back on Black Friday, and my friend got played badly. He went to his BB right at 10am and some dude in front of him grabbed all six copies off the display and bought them with no restrictions. My friend was trying to be polite and didn't say anything before the guy was able to purchase them, and BB just told him "That guy got the last copy." Sucks.

• Informative
This isn't particularly directed to anyone on this thread, just a general statement; but I love how the reveal of this Steelbook was like the beginning of the apocalypse because it was supposedly so horrid and irredeemable that retailers would be lucky to sell it above 9.99 and yet now a lot of collectors are having to scramble to secure a copy. This is an awesome Steelbook. It was awesome when they revealed it and it's just as great in-hand. The glue is a bit excessive, though.

That tends to be how it works out. :rofl:

To be honest, I never warmed to the steelbook and didn't bother trying to get the BB exclusive. I did get the Nova exclusive but that was largely due to the slips/lentis along with wanting at least some kind of steel for it.

Glad people are enjoying the release though! :Snap:

Reactions: GeekSexy
@apsmith21 looking for 1 extra steelbook do you have any unclaimed?

Unfortunately no, given the lack of initial demand, I only got exactly what was requested and did not get any extras.

I'm skeptical this was actually sold out, but I guess we'll see how this plays out - it does appear that Best Buy is doing some different types of promotion and allocation of stock on this one.

I will say the quality of the steelbook is very well done, I still object to the wrong Walkman being used for this design. Otherwise I think it's very clever.

• Helpful Post
Unfortunately no, given the lack of initial demand, I only got exactly what was requested and did not get any extras.

I'm skeptical this was actually sold out, but I guess we'll see how this plays out - it does appear that Best Buy is doing some different types of promotion and allocation of stock on this one.

I have the same feeling...

And to add to your point of 'lack of initial demand', I wonder if that is what BB used to calculate their quantities? I mean this was available to order online back on .... Between the preorder quantity and the initial feedback of the community on the 'incorrect' Walkman design, maybe BB just didn't order as many as the Winter Soldier?

This is a huge seller. Even the Wal Mart slips are either gone by now or going fast. I don't doubt the BB Steelbook is sold out because of the price, the fact that they were giving 100 RZ points with a pre-order and the release time being only a few weeks away from Christmas. Any exclusive for this movie is going to move.

What to open is the question, the steelbook or one of the slips. I'm leaning towards the steel :thumbs:

I got 200 bonus RZ points upon preorder with Best Buy... so 219 total... not sure how. Did everyone else get that who preordered online?