Guardians of the Galaxy (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Nov 11, 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
Release Date: November 28th, 2014
List Price: $1080 NTD
Buy Link: JSDVD.com
Guardians of the Galaxy.jpg

Last edited:
Got my copies today and they are Stunning, the pictures do not do them justice, Impressive release From Taiwan as usual... and they go so bloody nicely well side by side with Thor 2 and Ca2

Reactions: Marina Blue
I got mine in yesterday and think it's a great GOTG release. The quarter slip or whatever you call it is top notch and the shrink job is awesome as usual for a Taiwanese release. It's too bad that Taiwan doesn't do exclusives like Korea because I think they would be super awesome.

I got mine in yesterday and think it's a great GOTG release. The quarter slip or whatever you call it is top notch and the shrink job is awesome as usual for a Taiwanese release. It's too bad that Taiwan doesn't do exclusives like Korea because I think they would be super awesome.

I agree with you would be nice if Deltamac would at times just do a WEA and get in the game of exclusive steels... but on the other hand, maybe for their market they don't see it as beneficial to get in the game at this point. They are the master though of Slips to blend in nicely with a release with most often amazing embossed on the 1/4 slip, written in Traditional Chinese and the amazing shrink wrap we all Love... no one cane make more beautiful 1/4 slip that blends so nicely with a release...(some rare exceptions)

Note: just thought it would have been wicked if they would have released 2 different versions, one with Awesome Mix Vol.1 and another with Awesome Mix Vol.2 on the steel with 2 slightly different 1/4 slips...the sh*t would have hit the fan !

Last edited:
Reactions: darczap
I agree with you would be nice if Deltamac would at times just do a WEA and get in the game of exclusive steels... but on the other hand, maybe for their market they don't see it as beneficial to get in the game at this point. They are the master though of Slips to blend in nicely with a release with most often amazing embossed on the 1/4 slip, written in Traditional Chinese and the amazing shrink wrap we all Love... no one cane make more beautiful 1/4 slip that blends so nicely with a release...(some rare exceptions)

Ditto. I think their masterful 1/4 slips and great shrink wrap put them on a pedestal as is but it would be nice to see them offer fill slip offerings, lenticular offerings, with gifts for example. I think we can agree that they already make superior products without having to apply an 'exclusive' label to it.

lol wooooaaaaa I might be in Love with Taiwan Steels but this isn't a grail release

I've always felt the manufactured exclusives produced in small quantities will never be grails.

They may be small in production but the fact they are made for the hardcore audience trying to flip them for bucks the moment they are received will always keep their prices locked in a certain range 2-3x range.

The mass produced for the general general public are the ones that are the slow burners that sneak up on you.

As it is the days of grails are over, I just like this one.

I've always felt the manufactured exclusives produced in small quantities will never be grails.

They may be small in production but the fact they are made for the hardcore audience trying to flip them for bucks the moment they are received will always keep their prices locked in a certain range 2-3x range.

The mass produced for the general general public are the ones that are the slow burners that sneak up on you.

As it is the days of grails are over, I just like this one.

''CA taiwan'' was sold out first day or so as pre-release, indicating slow print run and it became a grail(also John carter Taiwan), I think we shouldn't stick to rules and by going with previous Grail release, but your point would go well with ''CA Amazon Japan'' that was available for a while and became a Grail release... I think the search for a Grail is not the right way, they just happen to become one without us expecting it.

There will be less and less grail releases, but I don't doubt we may encounter one when we least expect it...

But I agree with you, This is a stunning release, I over dipped it is just too beautiful...looked through the shrink wrap as I didn't open a copy and looks like the glass of the walkman is also spot gloss for that release...in any case, what a beauty...we are lucky to have it :naughty:

Reactions: harry
You should also know my "Grail ordered" comments are just a way of poking fun at myself and others for days and things long gone by.

It's really just tongue in cheek on my part. Reading some of the responses to "Grail ordered" comments in the various Amazon Japan threads is personally fun stuff despite the fact I still purchase them ... Old habits die hard, lol.

You should also know my "Grail ordered" comments are just a way of poking fun at myself and others for days and things long gone by.

It's really just tongue in cheek on my part. Reading some of the responses to "Grail ordered" comments in the various Amazon Japan threads is personally fun stuff despite the fact I still purchase them ... Old habits die hard, lol.

lol I hadn't gotten that but now that you mention it I like sarcastic humour...but so true though that japanese releases have lowered their quality standards(especially with their MovieNex Steelbooks releases which are rubbish, to shrink wrap both of them together is really silly and back artwork is a cheap paper not even a j-card)...I am not ordering much for japan just the Occasion stuff exclusive worth getting like ''All you need is Kill'' steel and 3D Amaray, those were sweet but I don't expect those to become more than what they are, simply a nice release of the movie with its Original Title... That was nice and different. But I have to agree though I didn't get it at first but the Korean Version (regular Korean Steel and Nova Choice which were same steel, the spot gloss on the release is stunning), I think Korea has a better finish but japan has a better design for the title and lack of 3D(which usually I don't mind) but J-Card on Japanese release beats the Korean one by Nova all written in English, love the Japanese writting on that release.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Did anyone else order from yes asia? Im really starting to panic now as still havent recieved my pre krder from yes asia. Im sure I worked out 10-12 working days from dispatch was this week.

My most anticipated steel of the year as I love the marvel films and still yet to see this film. Cant wait to get this in hand and tear of the wrap.

Did anyone else order from yes asia? Im really starting to panic now as still havent recieved my pre krder from yes asia. Im sure I worked out 10-12 working days from dispatch was this week.
My most anticipated steel of the year as I love the marvel films and still yet to see this film. Cant wait to get this in hand and tear of the wrap.
My order from yesasia arrived this morning

Reactions: Jb162009
Got my order delivered from YesAsia today. Love the slip on this but the only downside is the loose disc that it came with. Gonna have to be VERY careful when trying to re-seat it.