Guardians of the Galaxy (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Nov 11, 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
Release Date: November 28th, 2014
List Price: $1080 NTD
Buy Link: JSDVD.com
Guardians of the Galaxy.jpg

Last edited:
@chipvideo Agree 100% with you! It feels "like" US/CAN version. :notworthy: We are kissing our eyes/mind to change this ugly frog into a prince.:bag: A Full/Lenticular slip will be the one to get. #NovaMedia.:thumbs:

I'm the one who said that the nova media will look like a US version, not this Taiwan version, since they make it back artwork fully in english, so your slip won't have that Korean feel but like you bought it at Target. It will be the same steel you will get from Nova with an English Lenti/slip cover. there is no difference but nova version will be covered by an english Lenti(so it's still from what you are saying = hiding the ugly frog), so why pay extra for an asian slip when it will look like made in the US ? This Taiwan slip is all in traditional Chinese and they did a super job and I think, this steel kicks ass with this slip.

First of all @Actarus I do respect your POV. But IMO when I've look at any NM's, Kimichi's or some BF's (ex.Frozen) tittles in English I don't believe they look like they're from USA only cause the English letters? Cheers :thumbs:

First of all @Actarus I do respect your POV. But IMO when I've look at any NM's, Kimichi's or some BF's (ex.Frozen) tittles in English I don't believe they look like they're from USA only cause the English letters? Cheers :thumbs:

This is not what I meant.
I'm talking about the back artwork being written in Full english for a Korean company, Nova Media is the only company to do so.
Kimchi and other Korean releases from other companies all have Korean writing in back artwork.
This is what I meant.

Reactions: charlie1533pr
I'm impressed but there's a good chance NovaMedia might use the same artwork for either the fullslip or lenti....guessing of course.

Let me just say that steelbook design for this flick aside, Full Slips are nice of course BUT they are becoming widely used these days as every exclusive retailer is using Full Slip & Lentis in their lines, fewer & fewer opting 1/4 slip one... I'm a HUGE fan of quarter slips (when done right of course) and I wouldn't have asked for anything less than what Taiwan have come up with here, it's a thing of a beauty: a nice image to complement the film that blends in well with the steel artwork, an awesome spine (btw almost no 1 out there do spines with Chinese characters as Taiwan do), a possible sticker to go with the steelbook as they tend to come with them, the tight-a$$ shrink wrap etc

Flipping give it to me nowwwww I say & ya all can keep Ur full slips, after all this is a Steelbook not an amaray case, beats the whole purpose of owning steel over an amaray with full slip :p

@harry ok got new back from my Taiwan contact, at first speculations were that it was going to be on the more limited side, but since they came out with that cool slip, apparently print run should be in the likes of CA2 Taiwan, it should be more limited than Thor 2(as they produced too much and got stuck with copies unsold reason why they did a lower print run form CA2) but they should have a regular print run. Now when will it go OOS, that really depends at how people will react to the release, but it's not as limited as I thought it was going to be. But to be safe, I'd say grab your copy while they are in stock just to be sure as no one can really predict when it will be sold out.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
I think that because of the Best Buy version including the 3D this is going to last a while.

it seems that the FS/BB version is the last one on the list of steel to get for this release due to the Poor Finish of the steel on Thor 2 and CA2, I wouldn't expect GOTG FS/BB to have a better finish than the 2 prior.

it seems that the FS/BB version is the last one on the list of steel to get for this release due to the Poor Finish of the steel on Thor 2 and CA2, I wouldn't expect GOTG FS/BB to have a better finish than the 2 prior.

Worldwide had a poor finish. Just that the BB/FS ones were even poorer.

Let me just say that steelbook design for this flick aside, Full Slips are nice of course BUT they are becoming widely used these days as every exclusive retailer is using Full Slip & Lentis in their lines, fewer & fewer opting 1/4 slip one... I'm a HUGE fan of quarter slips (when done right of course) and I wouldn't have asked for anything less than what Taiwan have come up with here, it's a thing of a beauty: a nice image to complement the film that blends in well with the steel artwork, an awesome spine (btw almost no 1 out there do spines with Chinese characters as Taiwan do), a possible sticker to go with the steelbook as they tend to come with them, the tight-a$$ shrink wrap etc

Flipping give it to me nowwwww I say & ya all can keep Ur full slips, after all this is a Steelbook not an amaray case, beats the whole purpose of owning steel over an amaray with full slip :p

You said this so right, Fully agree with you :thumbs:

Worldwide had a poor finish. Just that the BB/FS ones were even poorer.

WWA for Thor 2 was nice and WWA for CA2 steel was superb !!! with the embossed shield and the shape of the opening plus the nice finish, I would disagree on that as I have all of them and compared them. it's not hard to see. I even returned my FS CA2 ones because of that... Although FS has other steels with great finishes it seems to be the only ones Marvel FS/BB that end up with poor finish.