Guardians of the Galaxy - Steelbook feedback for Disney

Would you be happy with the GOTG steelbook as currently designed?

• Yes

Votes: 126 23.6%
  • NO! Please give us an alternative design Disney & Marvel!

Votes: 407 76.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Attention members!

Please provide us with your feedback, alternate designs and definitely vote in the poll!

I will pass along this thread, along with your constructive feedback about how to improve upon the design that we've already been shown.

As we know, it is up to the studio to provide the final choice of artwork & design, but if this response if OVERWHELMING, we may have a shot to be heard.

Thanks in advance, as always for being members of HDN!

EDIT - To clarify, if our feedback is too late for this run, please keep in mind that this thread CAN be used for a variant steelbook release that could happen in the future! Keep those suggestions coming!

Last edited:
I find the artwork pretty underwhelming, so voted no.
It's not the most awful Artwork I've ever seen, but I don't like it either.

Edit: To clarify, I'm referring to the Zavvi release.

I'd like something like this please Disney:

Credits to @Noodles from our Custom SteelBooks Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art!
20guardiansgalaxysc_zps9d0281c4-jpg.104399

Anything with one of the posters as the art for the steel is fine with me. My design I made some time ago

Dc0KWv.png

Last edited:
Reactions: livearthpeace
Someone posted on Facebook something I find hilarious if true (because different designs and all)...the Steelbook has a "skip" button on it (the symbol anyway)

Did Walkmans have that back then?
Nope

Looking forward to what the artwork will be on the Asian releases. :happy:

i hate to burst your bubble here but zerox said this will be worldwide art maybe they will try for something diff same as blu fans but it is always down to approved art from the studio at the end of the day unless the studio approve it no one will get anything different, and the way this is going i suspect we will all be stuffed! i may be wrong i hope i am but this is disney you are dealing with at the end of the day!

also the people saying hope they don't change it, it won't now 7 1/2 weeks before release they will all be well under production or made and in boxes. our only hope is for another version/steel but think honestly that will not happen at least a year from now because of design approvals etc and so on. disney isn't known for speed either.:(

basil :ohno:

Reactions: Marina Blue
yea saw that art while browsing a few weeks back, would be hard to make it fit a vertical steel though, as you wouldnt get the full shot it would just be a close up which wouldnt look as nice

If you search for Guardians of The Galaxy Pop Art, you will see some interesting fan designs (but as they are made by fans any official release would need permission to use them)

1402201104752[1].png

Source - http://geektyrant.com/news/more-guardians-of-the-galaxy-art-from-the-poster-posse

Last edited:
i hate to burst your bubble here but zerox said this will be worldwide art maybe they will try for something diff same as blu fans but it is always down to approved art from the studio at the end of the day unless the studio approve it no one will get anything different, and the way this is going i suspect we will all be stuffed! i may be wrong i hope i am but this is disney you are dealing with at the end of the day!

also the people saying hope they don't change it, it won't now 7 1/2 weeks before release they will all be well under production or made and in boxes. our only hope is for another version/steel but think honestly that will not happen at least a year from now because of design approvals etc and so on. disney isn't known for speed either.:(

basil :ohno:

The 3D Blu-ray Steelbook I pre-ordered from Best Buy may have a cover art different from the Walkman art. Have to wait and see. :happy:

Reactions: jonnie123
Am I the only one thinking that this will be the first North American/Canadian release to NOT benefit from getting a title?

Having the Steelbook as a Walkman is bad enough, but then to slap a Guardians Of The Galaxy title on there will make it look ridiculous altogether!
It's one thing putting a nice debossed title over poster artwork, but to put it on a Walkman??? It's just adding insult to injury IMO. It won't even match up

If someone comes up with a beautiful WEA artwork, they could clean up. KimchiDVD, Blufans, Novamedia, etc. listening? Get 'em going Choi! ;)

Its sold out on pre order. seems to be a success to me. which begs the question- why would they change the art?

Kimchi / Nova / Blufans won't get approval for new artwork if recent history is anything to go by (Thor 2, CA2) so the steel will be the same, just a different slip box etc. I would prefer a company to just sell a slip box / lenticular etc on its own without the steel - double dipping gets expensive!

Reactions: Marina Blue
Its sold out on pre order. seems to be a success to me. which begs the question- why would they change the art?

Wasn't wreck it Ralph sold out when the back art was changed?
Again not marvel but still disney.
Not saying they will change it but surely they understand that mostly collectors buy these so you would think they would like to keep us happy. But we all know what disney are like.

Think wreck it Ralph was a fluke. But like apsmith mentions at the top of the page it could help future releases. They listened to the disney collection feedback with finishes and Pixar with 3d and finishes

Reactions: jonnie123
There was a different placeholding picture first, m8. I expect lots and lots of cancellations (as always with Zavvi).

Status
Not open for further replies.