Guardians of the Galaxy - Steelbook feedback for Disney

Would you be happy with the GOTG steelbook as currently designed?

• Yes

Votes: 126 23.6%
  • NO! Please give us an alternative design Disney & Marvel!

Votes: 407 76.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Attention members!

Please provide us with your feedback, alternate designs and definitely vote in the poll!

I will pass along this thread, along with your constructive feedback about how to improve upon the design that we've already been shown.

As we know, it is up to the studio to provide the final choice of artwork & design, but if this response if OVERWHELMING, we may have a shot to be heard.

Thanks in advance, as always for being members of HDN!

EDIT - To clarify, if our feedback is too late for this run, please keep in mind that this thread CAN be used for a variant steelbook release that could happen in the future! Keep those suggestions coming!

Last edited:
There was a different placeholding picture first, m8. I expect lots and lots of cancellations (as always with Zavvi).

the product was sold out. when the new art was revealed loads of people cancelled theirs. then the product went live again. its now sold it.

i dont expect it to be live again now until just before or just after release. people will either decide to keep this knowing it will be the only way they can own a steelbook of a film they really want, or stubbornly stick to their principles of not owning a steelbook of a great film just because they dont like the art.

i think most people will fall into the former category. and dont forget that its not only the vocal collectors of the steelbook community who will be buying this film, the general public will. its a massive film that will generate massive sales. this will not stay in stock.

the product was sold out. when the new art was revealed loads of people cancelled theirs. then the product went live again. its now sold it.

i dont expect it to be live again now until just before or just after release. people will either decide to keep this knowing it will be the only way they can own a steelbook of a film they really want, or stubbornly stick to their principles of not owning a steelbook of a great film just because they dont like the art.

i think most people will fall into the former category. and dont forget that its not only the vocal collectors of the steelbook community who will be buying this film, the general public will. its a massive film that will generate massive sales. this will not stay in stock.
A lot of people will cancel and wait for it to drop to a tenner.

What's all this talk about skip buttons? The spine is clearly the buttons from a Walkman... stop, play, fast forward and rewind... I can't be the only person here who was around in the 80's ... Sometimes I feel like the oldest person on these forums lol ...you kids and your iPods....

What's all this talk about skip buttons? The spine is clearly the buttons from a Walkman... stop, play, fast forward and rewind... I can't be the only person here who was around in the 80's ... Sometimes I feel like the oldest person on these forums lol ...you kids and your iPods....

I was born in 1986 and walkmans were still used and highly popular when i was at school in the 90's, i miss them in a nostalgic kind of way, i miss making my love intrests at the time mix tapes staying up all night recording the songs from each of my tape albums, now days its just copy and paste from a pc onto a flash drive.

Reactions: djprodikis

Hehe, you are not the only one buddy ;)

So apart from it being grey and boring, looking nothing like a Sony Walkman, having skip buttons instead of FF, and containing no title anywhere, nearly 100 people are still happy with this sub-standard level of design. Hard to believe.

So apart from it being grey and boring, looking nothing like a Sony Walkman, having skip buttons instead of FF, and containing no title anywhere, nearly 100 people are still happy with this sub-standard level of design. Hard to believe.

So you find it hard to believe people have their own opinions and don't find this sub-standard or boring ?

I find that hard to believe.

Even though i voted yes, it's clear how 3/4 of this community feels (the ones that voted anyway). However I'm sure there are more than enough people that are not a part of this community that like the artwork for this to sell out at the current price once released.

It will sell out because its a marvel steelbook of the biggest film of the year that surprised 99.9% of its audience.
That's what makes this hard. The studio will think this design works but it's will always sell due to what I just said. That's why we need this feedback thread so we can voice what we don't like or do like about it mainly because it's not liked in general

Quite simply one of the worst designs ever made. Brilliant film, truly shocking steelbook. I would have prefered if they had gone with the poster art "gloss of course"

Reactions: jonnie123
Status
Not open for further replies.