Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much design and effort has been placed into that mock-up for it to not be potential art. Although it's not confirmed, I reckon this will be the art we end up seeing

Possible art?.... Blatently will be

View attachment 321577

Like I said I the Brazilian thread :

don't mind and in honesty I'll reserve judgement until it's in hand if it does turn out to be that because I hated the mock up for the first film and I ended up liking that in hand

Blufans will save the day anyway
I kept my expectations super low, so was fully prepared for the artwork to be something odd... because of that I don't hate it as much as I probably should lol. Anyway, it's like you said... BluFans will treat us to a proper GOTG2 steel! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Flloydo
I kept my expectations super low, so was fully prepared for the artwork to be something odd... because of that I don't hate it as much as I probably should lol. Anyway, it's like you said... BluFans will treat us to a proper GOTG2 steel! :D

Exactly the same this end. Low expectations so prob why I don't mind plus yeah I'm in for blufans anyway.

Hell if all the slips are nice it might be my first proper one click

I didn't like vol 1 mock up but like it in hand, I liked the dr strange mock up but not so much in hand (gloss would of been awesome or even spot gloss), I didn't mind the civil war steelbook mock up but not so much in hand (prefer the back) so although this isn't great I'll wait until in hand like I did with vol 1

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
You know what the funny thing is....it's probably not even the right layout for the box with the red button it knowing these guys. Just like the awful walkman for the first film...fine have a walkman, cool idea, but not having the right walkman on the front *groans*

Seriously at that point if you knew you couldn't have the actual walkman design you'd just go "You know what forget it, if we can't use the proper design we'll come up with another idea...simple"...just shows how lazy they are.

Thank God for Blu Fans. You know I regret buying so many steelbooks in the past instead of supporting Blu Fans earlier.

I'll never have the first Guardians Blu Fans....oh well

EDIT

I was right...

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol.-2-Baby-Groot-and-nuke.jpg

If that's the art I'll cancel as I'll only end up replacing it with the BluFans version anyway. Shame if so, I preferred the Dr Strange WWA to BluFans version

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
Another marmite release to join the Walkman which many hate but I'm a fan of.
International steelbook?
Looks very possible

Got to admit that the "boy from Brazil" is better-looking than the German ;):-
upload_2017-7-11_11-50-12.png
178372_large.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like the original poster art will be used on the Amaray editions instead of here (?) so maybe time to give up on this?
91JiMsC%2BUoL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Genuinely think I may cancel and just buy the standard 4K release and wait for Blufans' Steelbook

Hope the UK get the 4K disc as not even amazon.com seem to be stocking it