The Terminator (1984) - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Yeah it’s not the end of the world like you say everything is charged on dispatch but there seems to be a lot more lately. Inception, interstellar, nightmare on elm street etc
Greatly looking forward to Nightmare on Elm St in 4k but because of the artwork pending thing, I haven't pre-ordered. Warner sets never seem to sell out quickly, so I'd rather not support the 0 artwork manoeuvre from Warner. However for The Terminator steelbook... I've folded & made an exception...

Reactions: Flloydo
I still have the original Play.com steelbook which is great but is matte. Ive stuck a preorder in and if the artwork is good then it may be a replacement if not then ill just go with amaray for the 4K disc assuming its a good transfer which knowing James Cameron it will be DNR’d to high heaven.

Greatly looking forward to Nightmare on Elm St in 4k but because of the artwork pending thing, I haven't pre-ordered. Warner sets never seem to sell out quickly, so I'd rather not support the 0 artwork manoeuvre from Warner. However for The Terminator steelbook... I've folded & made an exception...
I’m the other way round, pre ordered elm street but not terminator. I don’t own elm street and I’m praying it’s good art. Whereas I need to see the art to order terminator for the 5th time in this case

Reactions: K1SK1S
I don't own a Terminator steel, so I'm on this like Schwarzenegger on a bench press.

Sesame Street Workout GIF by Muppet Wiki

I still have the original Play.com steelbook which is great but is matte. Ive stuck a preorder in and if the artwork is good then it may be a replacement if not then ill just go with amaray for the 4K disc assuming its a good transfer which knowing James Cameron it will be DNR’d to high heaven.
Same. I actually love that steel! The OGs here will remember voting for the interior art too :cool:

Reactions: Fmac72 and K1SK1S
I don't own a Terminator steel, so I'm on this like Schwarzenegger on a bench press.

Sesame Street Workout GIF by Muppet Wiki
I hear everyones concerns but I mean what's the worst that could happen? It's only artwork!

So what if it is a Silver, 0-finish steel... It is The Terminator... you're still going to buy it?

So it includes an acetate O-ring slipcover with sunglasses on, that slides over Arnie's face, and written on the sunglasses in green glow-in-the-dark ink it states "Transfer approved by James Cameron". So the rear of the steelbook is bare bones aside from a cartoon speech bubble stating "I'll be back".

It doesn't matter!

** So Inside the case "artwork", the decision was made to fill it with a landscape shot of James Cameron, in a Kate Winslet-Titanic-style-draw-me-Jack pose, that James himself photographed (selfied) & personally insisted was included, else he wouldn't approve the AI 4K transfer.

*** And so what, that in a final attempt from Warner to censor the image that James insisted on...his weener now lines up behind the disc-holder teeth. Resulting in each & everytime you want to watch the movie, you're forced to plunge your thumb onto James Camerons tiny sausage just to release the disc.

Oh and the disc art for the bluray is unashamedly Arnie's T-800 thumbs-up image from T2. Whilst for the new approved 4k disc it's simply Camerons whole fist flipping you the bird to "thank you, for your purchase".

So what guys.

20% off at HMV

Screenshot_20240603_121101_Chrome.jpg

Artwork subject to change*

Wondering if we're getting a 40th anniversary cinema re-release and they're waiting for Cameron to sign off on the movie poster art before we get the final reveal of the steelbook art?
Art used for the original UK poster would be pretty wild, though I couldn't see them going for it!

Attachments

• TheTerminator_quad_UK_MikeFrancis-2.jpg
    TheTerminator_quad_UK_MikeFrancis-2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
I hear everyones concerns but I mean what's the worst that could happen? It's only artwork!

So what if it is a Silver, 0-finish steel... It is The Terminator... you're still going to buy it?

So it includes an acetate O-ring slipcover with sunglasses on, that slides over Arnie's face, and written on the sunglasses in green glow-in-the-dark ink it states "Transfer approved by James Cameron". So the rear of the steelbook is bare bones aside from a cartoon speech bubble stating "I'll be back".

It doesn't matter!

** So Inside the case "artwork", the decision was made to fill it with a landscape shot of James Cameron, in a Kate Winslet-Titanic-style-draw-me-Jack pose, that James himself photographed (selfied) & personally insisted was included, else he wouldn't approve the AI 4K transfer.

*** And so what, that in a final attempt from Warner to censor the image that James insisted on...his weener now lines up behind the disc-holder teeth. Resulting in each & everytime you want to watch the movie, you're forced to plunge your thumb onto James Camerons tiny sausage just to release the disc.

Oh and the disc art for the bluray is unashamedly Arnie's T-800 thumbs-up image from T2. Whilst for the new approved 4k disc it's simply Camerons whole fist flipping you the bird to "thank you, for your purchase".

So what guys.

20% off at HMV

View attachment 578894
Artwork subject to change*
You thought way too hard about this ****.

Last edited:
Really need cover art and release dates first from the studios, too many getting chucked out now without all info.
If 5 or 6 of these all end up the same month and around the same day, it will be a nightmare.

Yup, Those were the good ol days of steelbook collecting, It feels like the studios do not cgi e a crap anymore and pump out any old rubbish just as long as its metal.
Whilst also charging a fortune for it! Certainly miss the days of cheap exclusive steels from Play.com

Reactions: thewoe