Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Discless SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive BP-01) [China]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Group buy: hosted by Wreck Box Set - Double Lenti

53413552639_f03a45c96b_k.jpg53413388353_5a90dad7eb_k.jpg53413552629_d388f591e4_k.jpg53413388363_29de8ae805_k.jpg

Last edited:
Manta has been quiet with their CP steels recently, but I'd expect them to do this one.

Yeah, what's up with that. They should've been releasing them 1 after 1, every month. They should hire more people, raise the price by $20, and print run by 1400, and churn'em out every 2 weeks. :naughty:

When I asked they told me they're focusing on their HV line which makes sense given how many film series they've started and not finished yet

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yeah, what's up with that. They should've been releasing them 1 after 1, every month. They should hire more people, raise the price by $20, and print run by 1400, and churn'em out every 2 weeks. :naughty:
I think they may need to hire a brand new creative team

In all seriousness I'd like them to 'pivot... pivot' towards more One-Click only bonuses, like HDZeta had with 'special packs' without steelbooks or discs, but just more cards and a thicker hardcover book, or/and like those Matrix and Dune goodies Manta themselves had.
I want them to focus more on designs, pick better art cards, improve on lentis, improve on quality over all and stop having 2 DLs and 1 FS with each release. I miss the SLs. Also to slow stuff down a tad.

We get a great release and then one by one it dips over the next 2,3,4 releases and then we hit a reset and we see a great release and the process repeats. There’s positives in all releases and I’ve liked the Majority of the past years releases but quality does dip in and out. And I’m adamant it’s down to the fact they put pre orders up every 3 weeks. We’ll prob get beauty shots this week for either homecoming, dark knight, Godzilla king of monsters or something like Oppenheimer With a pre order next Friday on the 12th

I even miss the 3 week window between beauty shots and pre order. Oh well. Things change and they want to rush. They don’t seem to take on feedback so voicing all this is pretty pointless but hey ho

The discless releases I can take it or leave it. Mainly because blufans so far is looking better with their lentis and steels and I’m also sick of buying the same releases from the same 4 retailers all within the same time frame of each other in most cases. I know any of us can simply not buy them but you know.... it’s addictive and I like premiums

Oh okay, that's good to hear. Just a waiting game then as I've seen tracking isn't always provided. Looking forward to this and the MoS one
Yep, that's it. The tracking can be very inconsistent. I've ordered my copies from elsewhere and the DL tracking was issued last week, Shang-Chi DL a few days ago, no GOTG3 OC tracking yet.

Yep, that's it. The tracking can be very inconsistent. I've ordered my copies from elsewhere and the DL tracking was issued last week, Shang-Chi DL a few days ago, no GOTG3 OC tracking yet.
That's alright. Is it normally a long wait as these are sent from China I believe?

Manta has been quiet with their CP steels recently, but I'd expect them to do this one.

I can't remember which grapevine I heard it on, but I thought I heard Manta were going to ease up on the discless releases?

Although they've sold out, they weren't necessarily the runaway success they'd hoped for?

I can't remember which grapevine I heard it on, but I thought I heard Manta were going to ease up on the discless releases?

Although they've sold out, they weren't necessarily the runaway success they'd hoped for?
I don't think that's been said anywhere officially, just a bit of intelligent observation.

Reactions: Punker76
I don't love the images used on the slip/steel, but the quality does seem to be there in all fairness. Also, it's odd there's no jacket on the booklet when there was on DS2/Gatsby/Prestige.
I like the back of the slip, but the first side shown does nothing for me, but if it’d come with disks, I’d have bought it, but no disks=no sale for me.

I like the back of the slip, but the first side shown does nothing for me, but if it’d come with disks, I’d have bought it, but no disks=no sale for me.
I couldn't give a toss about the discs for mcu stuff now tbh. You have to import the 3D from Japan anyway, and the 4K discs don't have the D+ IMAX sequences... Any discs they pop in there are redundant to me, so it's money saved on discless.

Reactions: JGCramp
I couldn't give a toss about the discs for mcu stuff now tbh. You have to import the 3D from Japan anyway, and the 4K discs don't have the D+ IMAX sequences... Any discs they pop in there are redundant to me, so it's money saved on discless.
Agreed

The discs are available for peanuts in the secondary market

Reactions: samdavies
I think I've asked this before but with these multiple discless release releases are people buying the discs multiple times so each steel has a copy of the film in it or are people just leaving them empty?

First crossed my mind with the two Doctor Strange 2 discless releases we've had

I think I've asked this before but with these multiple discless release releases are people buying the discs multiple times so each steel has a copy of the film in it or are people just leaving them empty?

First crossed my mind with the two Doctor Strange 2 discless releases we've had
I am leaving mine empty until I find a cheap used copy for the discs (or if it is ever in a sale very cheap)

Reactions: tommyh84
Same here. Got my DL today, so thank you @Wreck .Now that I have it, I have to get around to ordering the 3D/4K set from Japan. It's certainly a really nice set. Chris Pratt's head on the front lenti has a lot of depth...

Reactions: samdavies