Premium Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
Australia
Release date: September 1, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Price: €297.52

91w1EFhJJvL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And not only is it expensive...shipping from France is like double what everybody else's is.
The inclusion of all the books in French effectively kill this for me. (It would kill if for me if they were in English too! Why put the books in there?!!)

• Thanks
Reactions: adarkcorner
@C.C. 95 Why not? (To me at least,) the books almost complete the package - ideally (for me), there would also be soundtracks included in the set. If a movie is a book adaptation, it makes perfect sense to me.

Some years ago, I think it was from Belgium, there was a special collection available - looked like digibooks, but they were in fact books, complete novels, with a movie disc inserted, so you could enjoy the 'full on experience'. Thought that was quite brilliant.

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233
And not only is it expensive...shipping from France is like double what everybody else's is.
The inclusion of all the books in French effectively kill this for me. (It would kill if for me if they were in English too! Why put the books in there?!!)

Not really. For this edition their price is pretty good. 11,50 EUR. That's 13USD or 16AUD ... less than what Nova or PA charges for a single steelbook to be shipped to AU.

@C.C. 95 Why not? (To me at least,) the books almost complete the package - ideally (for me), there would also be soundtracks included in the set. If a movie is a book adaptation, it makes perfect sense to me.
Well. For a few reasons. Most HP fans will already have the books. And also, books are heavy. The weight of these books are going to make the shipping of that Collection VERY expensive.

Reactions: Flash
Well. For a few reasons. Most HP fans will already have the books. And also, books are heavy. The weight of these books are going to make the shipping of that Collection VERY expensive.

I ran a simulation to my NY address:

Rapide (10 à 12 jours ouvrés) - €8.5
AmazonGlobal Prioritaire (5-10 jours ouvrés) - €12
AmazonGlobal Eclair (2-3 jours ouvrés) - €22

I'd say that's more than reasonable. If I didn't have the Future Shop steels, I'd be getting this.

Jours = days (for those not aware).

I ran a simulation to my NY address:

Rapide (10 à 12 jours ouvrés) - €8.5
AmazonGlobal Prioritaire (5-10 jours ouvrés) - €12
AmazonGlobal Eclair (2-3 jours ouvrés) - €22

I'd say that's more than reasonable. If I didn't have the Future Shop steels, I'd be getting this.

Jours = days (for those not aware).
Wow. I'm not sure how they're able to swing that kind of shipping. But yeah I'd take them up on that if you wanted that set. I have the German steelbooks in the Futureshop Shelf - but if I did buy another iteration of some kind, I would try to find that Castle collection! Now, if I could find that and get the same shipping price as you listed above – that would be sweet! :rofl:

That's true, most fans already have the books... But I don't :naughty: I am (very slowly) deciding which editions are the best ones to get and am currently collecting the newly illustrated hardcover series (one book published each year) :whistle:

Indeed, the books do make that trunk heavy as heck :wacky:, but I also ran a little simulation, to see how much it would cost me - and it's EUR 5 for standard shipping to Slovenia (5-7 working days)... Which is pretty awesome. :woot:

Récapitulatif de Commande
Articles : EUR 302,47
Livraison : EUR 5,00
Montant total : EUR 307,47
Le total de la commande inclut la TVA

Oh and yes, that castle is sweet!! Hope you're able to get one for a decent price. :thumbs:

That's true, most fans already have the books... But I don't :naughty: I am (very slowly) deciding which editions are the best ones to get and am currently collecting the newly illustrated hardcover series (one book published each year) :whistle:

Indeed, the books do make that trunk heavy as heck :wacky:, but I also ran a little simulation, to see how much it would cost me - and it's EUR 5 for standard shipping to Slovenia (5-7 working days)... Which is pretty awesome. :woot:

Récapitulatif de Commande
Articles : EUR 302,47
Livraison : EUR 5,00
Montant total : EUR 307,47
Le total de la commande inclut la TVA

Oh and yes, that castle is sweet!! Hope you're able to get one for a decent price. :thumbs:
Yeah, if you love the trunk- go get it! I am amazed they can offer it with such low shipping.
Will this be a Prime Day thing?!
I'm still really wanting someone to make the new French steelbooks with those cool covers but with ENGLISH titles!
And that Castle....:rofl: Hard to believe that a few years ago, you could get those for very cheap, because no one was buying them! Now they cost $$$$$ on ebay... C'est la Vie, I guess.:p
But, just like Star Wars, HP stuff will keep coming for a looooong time!:D

Reactions: MrsRobinson
Actually, I already own the smaller trunk US edition from years ago... :shy: And a few other editions as well... Still, this looks mighty tempting...

The French steels are amazing, totally agree! :D Love their covers the most.

Oh it will, HP editions will always be there, in one form or the other ;)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Wow that's expensive for the films that can be bought on bluray full collection for £10 and yes the book in French will really deter non French speaking collectors.