HDNinja Secret Santa Idea-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

king5six1

Premium Supporter
May 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Hey everyone. I had an idea I thought I would share and get some feedback on. With all of these Blu Rays coming out everywhere and the holidays right around the corner I thought it would be kinda cool to do a " Secret Santa". The main goal would be to get matched up with someone in a different country to get something you cant normally get. It would have to be voluntary and only for those who signed up between a certain time frame. After sign up ends we would have a mod take all of the names and message the members and let them know who they would be getting a gift for. Haven't seen it done before and thought it would be a neat idea if we can all pull it off. :D

sounds grate but more details (about shipping, price limitations, etc.) will be good too

For anyone who wants to give away an original John Rambo, I will gladly dress up like an elf, call you Santa, and keep it a secret ........ :naughty:

Cheers
CrashKelly

As for rules, limits, shipping.

1) Once sign up is over the Mod in charge would take the names and match up the members and notify them of whom they will be sending to.
2) For price limit I would say nothing crazy. Given that the exchange rate is different everywhere just keep it to a normal priced steelbook you can get at a local store or even some you may have doubles of and do not mind parting with. We don't want to get crazy or unfair with it. Possibly try to stick with Store/Region exclusives that are not as easy to get for everyone.( MM, FS, BB )
3) Shipping would be paid by you as this is voluntary and you will be getting a gift in return so I think for shipping we will all be responsible.
4) In the box you could put your username from the forums so we know who the gift is from in case you don't recognize that specific member by first name.
5) We would have a thread where everyone can post pictures of what they got.

I haven't done anything like this before so as long as the Mods are cool with it and want to help out I think its a great idea. With all of the steelbooks coming out its crazy to keep up with them all and this could be a good way for everyone to get something they cant just go to the store and get.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

For anyone who wants to give away an original John Rambo, I will gladly dress up like an elf, call you Santa, and keep it a secret ........ :naughty:

Cheers
CrashKelly

Well guys, What are you waiting for hes no joking !!!

Skip.jpg

:p

As for rules, limits, shipping.

1) Once sign up is over the Mod in charge would take the names and match up the members and notify them of whom they will be sending to.
2) For price limit I would say nothing crazy. Given that the exchange rate is different everywhere just keep it to a normal priced steelbook you can get at a local store or even some you may have doubles of and do not mind parting with. We don't want to get crazy or unfair with it. Possibly try to stick with Store/Region exclusives that are not as easy to get for everyone.( MM, FS, BB )
3) Shipping would be paid by you as this is voluntary and you will be getting a gift in return so I think for shipping we will all be responsible.
4) In the box you could put your username from the forums so we know who the gift is from in case you don't recognize that specific member by first name.
5) We would have a thread where everyone can post pictures of what they got.

I haven't done anything like this before so as long as the Mods are cool with it and want to help out I think its a great idea. With all of the steelbooks coming out its crazy to keep up with them all and this could be a good way for everyone to get something they cant just go to the store and get.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Well guys, What are you waiting for hes no joking !!!

Skip.jpg

:p

You said you would never tell :(

(how do you all think I got my first John Rambo ;))

Cheers
CrashKelly

Oh man, I'm sooooo hard to buy for. :D

Just a thought on international shipments - around Christmas time things GRIND to a halt in customs (with all the packages being sent back and forth), so expect delays on stuff like that.

For example, for me last year, packages that normally take 4-6 days to ship to the UK, ended up being something like 12-18 days.

Canada too.

Not to be a downer, just something to keep in mind. :cool:

Im down and totally for it ... maybe one rule would be that it cant be something that has no disc in it. This way your not giving someone what is $5 compared to them giving you a $30 full release etc.

Only exclusion to that is if the empty steel is a rare one. Perhaps, Snow White, UP /Transformers RotF etc.

Whatever works...

It's a excellent idea, but a little difficult to implement......I think......

Im down and totally for it ... maybe one rule would be that it cant be something that has no disc in it. This way your not giving someone what is $5 compared to them giving you a $30 full release etc.

Only exclusion to that is if the empty steel is a rare one. Perhaps, Snow White, UP /Transformers RotF etc.

Whatever works...

Il Furiano, It shouldn't be too hard. We all trade everyday. Its not much different. Except you don't know just which gift you will be getting. And yes I realize someone may get a steelbook they already have but then you have another copy for trading down the road.

Wreck I agree with you on that one.

I think this is a really cool idea for everyone that's into steelbooks. I don't want to participate since I'm not a collector, but I'm willing to help out with the list and pairing people up so everyone that wants to can join in and have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.