HMV Vinyl Week 2016 [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Thought I'd create a thread for it since it's a yearly event and is being discussed in multiple threads.

hmv vinyl week is almost here! Starting next Monday 13 June we will have great discounts on loads of vinyl albums ready for Father's Day.

But that's not all - on Saturday 18 June we will also have an amazing selection of hmv exclusive limited edition vinyl, including coloured vinyl, plus you can get your hands on selected vinyl reissues weeks before they're available anywhere else!

The limited edition vinyl exclusives will be available in all stores and online on a first-come first-served basis (while stocks last) and today we can reveal the FULL list of exclusive titles in our vinyl line-up which will be on sale from Saturday 18 June:
  • Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols (1000 copies on pink vinyl)
  • Manic Street Preachers: Everything Must Go (1000 copies on blue vinyl)
  • Various Artists: Let's Bop – Sun Records Collection (1000 copies on black vinyl)
  • Teenage Fanclub: Bandwagonesque (500 numbered copies on 'hmv pink' vinyl)
  • The Clash: The Clash (1000 copies on green vinyl)
  • Velvet Underground: Loaded (1000 copies on white vinyl)
  • Deep Purple: In Rock (1000 copies on marbled vinyl)
  • Alex Turner: Submarine OST (500 copies on 10” black vinyl)
  • Ben Salisbury & Geoff Barrow: Ex Machina OST (500 copies on frosted vinyl)
  • John Martyn: Solid Air (500 copies on green vinyl)
All of the above are strictly limited edition vinyl titles available only at hmv, but as well as these exclusives we'll also be offering you the chance to get your hands on a selection of upcoming reissues weeks before they're available anywhere else, including:
  • Iron Maiden: Brave New World (first ever edition on black vinyl!)
  • Pulp: Different Class
  • Pulp: His 'n' Hers
  • Pulp: This Is Hardcore
  • Pulp: We Love Life
  • Laura Marling: Alas, I Cannot Swim
  • Laura Marling: I Speak Because I Can
  • 30 Seconds To Mars: This Is War
  • Beastie Boys: Check Your Head (Deluxe Edition, Remastered)
  • Various Artists: Guardians Of The Galaxy OST (2 LP soundtrack & film score on black vinyl)
1.jpg

Where can I buy the exclusives?
Titles will be available in-store from Saturday 18th June from opening. All stores will have a limited quantity of all the exclusives which will be sold on a first-come first-served basis. Strictly no reservations. Please arrive in store early on Saturday 18th June to avoid disappointment. A very limited number of exclusives will also be available online from 9am on Saturday 18th June.

How many can I buy?
A maximum of 1 unit per title per customer can be purchased. As an example, customers are able to buy one copy of each of the exclusive albums, but wouldn't be able to buy multiple copies of the same exclusive.

What happens if I miss out on the day?
The titles are very limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis. As well as the exclusives we will also have savings on selected titles.

He certainly does. :thumbs:

Honestly, I'm surprised Taxi Driver didn't sell out weeks ago... it's one of the best looking records out there IMO. Hopefully it's still in stock when you get around to buying it though!

Same here mate... my family are forever having words with me about how much I order, and I only recently realised that they may have a point once boxes started overflowing outside my bedroom and on to the landing lol.

When I moved back home we had an old spare room and I moved into my sisters bigger room because she also moved out and I have half my stuff in my old room, everything else in my current room and boxes and boxes of DVDs and CDs in my spare room and on top of those mountains of empty boxes from orders and rivers of bubblewrap, it's so bad and I get it in the ear all the time.
Sad thing is I ask to not have them chucked out incase I move again and need boxes for all the steels and premium editions lol

I'm also surprised it never sold out. Stop scaring me lol

So much love in this thread :shy:

Thank you @Travis Bickle @Noodles @Flloydo for the praise :notworthy: I really enjoy doing this section with Nick and I'm glad that it's helpful to y'all!
I can only give the thanks to y'all back that you are so communicative in this section, kindly and helpful with each other and that you enjoy Vinyl/Music as much as I am :thumbs:
This also goes to the mates @spass @Tacozilla @C2V3N @comICS-soon and everybody I forgot who's around with us :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

@SteelbookGenius666 Thank you for your kind comments buddy and @Flloydo @Noodles you guys are awesome Nick you are a star buddy you have a kind heart helping to get Vinyl for other members. All this crap on telly about hooligans & terrorism and shootings etc. it's depressing it's lovely to come on to this forum and see genuine guys who care about each other
To be honest i'm drifting away from steelbooks and have cancelled a lot of stuff as i'm now back into Vinyl thankyou Nick and @dan8885 top guys as you guys have helped me find stuff i didn't know existed. Although i've only spoke to you on the forums would love to meet up with you guys one day and have a beer or two & talk Music & Movies.:thumbs:
Just felt i had to say that Lol :LOL::thumbs: was that too gushy? :drool:

This! Funny you all mentioned that you get back into vinyl recently. This is what happened to me just some weeks ago. And just a few days later I was asked to be Contributor for this section.
It was like it was meant to be :rolleyes: Music was and is my first love. But I cut down on Vinyl heavy when I started with the imports of movies. I copped like 5-10 records a year. And some weeks ago I bought new records and when I was at work I was already excited to get home to spin them. I thought about when was the last time I was so excited for a Steelbook to come home to. I couldn't remember. Yes it's different. I still love movies and my beautiful Steels but it was like a light to happiness. Cut down on multiple editions, cut down on special editions for movies just for the packaging and invest more into Vinyl. The medium that will never dies or get replaced. :rolleyes:

And yes I would also love to meet you all. At a Record Convention in the UK would be great :D
and afterwards some poor British Beers :whistle: (or german import :naughty:) But I would need some weeks for planning since I need to get a cheap flight :smuggrin:

Your positive feedback motivates a lot and I'll try to bring more content to the table for us to discuss and enjoy :writing::watch::thumbs:

I can only echo what you guys are saying. :drool::)

It's busy times for me atm as I would love to contribute more in this section. I'll be more including once the dust settles. ;)

And just for the record (pun intended), I do really appreciate the tags. So thanks.
Cheers guys!

@dan8885 @Noodles @Flloydo @Travis Bickle @comICS-soon @Tacozilla and the rest of you black gold lovin' mutha fakkas. :p ;)

Nothing of interest for me on this HMVs vinyl week, they need to have more movie soundtracks. Would be nice if they had an equal amount of soundtracks and general music
I agree... shame Ex Machina was the only one. It seems to have been one of their best sellers too, so hopefully they learn from it and offer more soundtracks next year.

When I moved back home we had an old spare room and I moved into my sisters bigger room because she also moved out and I have half my stuff in my old room, everything else in my current room and boxes and boxes of DVDs and CDs in my spare room and on top of those mountains of empty boxes from orders and rivers of bubblewrap, it's so bad and I get it in the ear all the time.
Sad thing is I ask to not have them chucked out incase I move again and need boxes for all the steels and premium editions lol

I'm also surprised it never sold out. Stop scaring me lol
This message gave me deja vu:wacky: LOL, in the end I had to put all my Cd's onto an hard drive and give the physical copies to my mum's charity shop LOL, hopefully we will see more HMV exclusive vinyl popping up and then I really will be living on Aldi's own brand supernoodle's...

Mine too... but it's only the latest order I made yesterday that's been dispatched, so I've just sent them an email about my first order from Saturday.

Damn muppets

Sorry to hear that and hopefully Is dispatched and makes dan a happy vinyl lovin man

It's still online so if all goes badly you can always re order. Maybe on a seperate account with a diff email as annoying as that might be

:thumbs:

Damn muppets

Sorry to hear that and hopefully Is dispatched and makes dan a happy vinyl lovin man

It's still online so if all goes badly you can always re order. Maybe on a seperate account with a diff email as annoying as that might be

:thumbs:
I think the issue is more to do with the site timing out straight after I paid rather than it being because I ordered two of the same item... someone on my Twitter bragged about ordering multiple copies of Sex Pistols, so either HMV aren't actually that bothered, or he did as you suggested and made separate accounts or something.

Hopefully they reply soon anyway so I know whether or not I need to order again, because I'm not sure how much longer it'll be available. :ohno:

I think the issue is more to do with the site timing out straight after I paid rather than it being because I ordered two of the same item... someone on my Twitter bragged about ordering multiple copies of Sex Pistols, so either HMV aren't actually that bothered, or he did as you suggested and made separate accounts or something.

Hopefully they reply soon anyway so I know whether or not I need to order again, because I'm not sure how much longer it'll be available. :ohno:

Oh I didn't realise you could order more than one that's why I thought you might be having issues.
Sounds like they will be selling those then!

Do you use PayPal or debit when paying with Hmv? Not sure if you see a previous post of mine but their debit/ credit payment page is awful and has been like it for quite some time now. You can't go back or it will cancel the order or you can't m select the options because it will cancel the order, you either wait for a email to arrive or you open another page, go into your account and check it says payment processing. If it does you close the payment page down. Very shifty but I found out the hard way by ordering soemthing and thinking I did but I didn't

I agree... shame Ex Machina was the only one. It seems to have been one of their best sellers too, so hopefully they learn from it and offer more soundtracks next year.

Last year they has blade runner as the only soundtrack. Perhaps as vinyl grows in popularity they might start adding more. If love to see some older movies get repressings

Mine arrived today @Noodles, @Flloydo , @Travis Bickle awesome pick up guy's, hope your's turn up soon, seen this on the bay for as much as £87 BUY IT NOW, so I got really lucky thanks to you guy's:thumbs: GROUP HUG!!!!

I haven't been home yet, just popped into a mates and no one was on today so I'll prob have to pick it up from the post office later in the week

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Mine arrived today @Noodles, @Flloydo , @Travis Bickle awesome pick up guy's, hope your's turn up soon, seen this on the bay for as much as £87 BUY IT NOW, so I got really lucky thanks to you guy's:thumbs: GROUP HUG!!!!

Mine also arrived today, postie must of got here before my mum went away

It's amazing, beautiful and eerie soundtrack. Forgot how eerie it is especially when not watching the film

Frosted vinyl is lovely too, yeah I would prefer the blu splatter one but this is decent.
My second frosted vinyl, well radiohead King of the limbs is like this so im guessing that's also frosted.
This looks a bit better though

@Noodles what happened with your order in the end? Did the send you 2?
They only sent one (my latest order - so technically Dan's copy lol). But I received an email from HMV earlier explaining the technical difficulties they experienced on Saturday, and have now updated and also dispatched my original order. :D

My parents just picked the other one up (along with my copy of Star Wars) from the post office for me though. :)