Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: How to Train Your Dragon LIVE
Price:
£14.99

dragon.jpg

back.jpg

inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to disagree with Bunk's comment about 3D.

"there's the pointless 3D disc (it was fine for that particular film in theaters but at home, come on, this gimmick was so worn out when it began)."

I wasn't interested in 3D until I bought a plasma with 3D capability. I find 3D at home more impressive than in the theatre. And HTTYD in 3D (at home) is great fun.

As someone that bought the HDZeta steelbook, I'll agree it's difficult to justify the price compared to Zavvi's £24.99. But for many the HDZeta's extras over this release make it worth the money. This release compared to other zavvi titles is expensive and I would hope it drops below £20

Why does everyone get their knickers in a twist about price in every Zavvi thread? The current price is the RRP, it's not going to be sold for that price.
Why do you seem to get your knickers in a twist from other peoples posts all the time?

I'm guessing it won't be priced at 15 pounds. Most likely 20, which
will be way too high for this release sans a 3D disc.

It's unusual for there to be a printed back shown on the pictures. If it is a J-card you can only guess the back artwork isn't being shown for some reason. I don't think it will be printed but no one knows until there is confirmation.

I have to disagree with Bunk's comment about 3D.

"there's the pointless 3D disc (it was fine for that particular film in theaters but at home, come on, this gimmick was so worn out when it began)."

I wasn't interested in 3D until I bought a plasma with 3D capability. I find 3D at home more impressive than in the theatre. And HTTYD in 3D (at home) is great fun.

As someone that bought the HDZeta steelbook, I'll agree it's difficult to justify the price compared to Zavvi's £24.99. But for many the HDZeta's extras over this release make it worth the money. This release compared to other zavvi titles is expensive and I would hope it drops below £20

I agree plasma with ACTIVE 3D technology is Insane how much better it is than theatre HTTYD was so fun and maleficent also, Passive technology on LED and so on TV... you won't get the depth, the same effects as a3D Active Technology. (but even with Active 3D tech, you still need a greatly made 3D movie as some 3D movies no matter how great your tv is, can suck...player also can have an impact on what kind of 3D you will experience even though you may have the best TV in the world)

Slightly off topic...I don't buy movies just because they are 3D. I buy them because I enjoy them. Every movie I have in 3D I prefer watching in 3D rather than 2D. As you say, active 3D with the right TV and player is excellent.

I think £24.99 will put a lot of people off, and I'm wondering if this will be like Despicable Me 2, heading into the bargain bin after a while...

Reactions: Actarus
Hmm just decided I want to buy HTTYD but am torn between this and the HDzeta version. Even if this has art on the back and no ratings on the front, I think the full gloss, numbered card and overlapping artwork on the spine (which I think makes it look more interesting on my shelf) leans me towards paying more than double for the HDzeta one..

Guess I'll wait until everything is confirmed for this.

Stranger things have happened.

I would ask the same about the many many many steelbooks that have "blu ray" printed ;)

But how long ago was that? The fact this is even being brought up in this day and age is nuts! Next thing you know somebodies going say, it looks G1 size! My dudes none of this stuff happens anymore hahaha! C'mon, man! :D

Reactions: Skog